12. Shock

Naintara's POV~

As soon as the Rathore family was gone I was showered with questions.

"What is going on?"

"How do you know hukum?"

"It's a dream, right?"

"What's going on between you two?"

"Are you even gonna speak something?"

"Everyone, calm down. Just...stop and take deep breaths. I'll tell you everything, at least give me time to speak." I defend myself, keeping my hand upwards.

"Chachu aap yaha aake batho." I pointed towards the couch as I could see his health deteriorating.

(Chachu come and sit here.)

"Aur aap sabh bhi Beth jao."

(And the rest of you, also sit down.)

"Toh...you remember the time I was late at night approx 10 months ago-"

"Of course I do. How could I forget it? I was hell-worried when I couldn't find you and when I did, it was in a fucking hospital." Piyush Bhai shouted.

I flinched at that.

"Piyush" chachu said in a warning tone.

"Sorry. I'm sorry." My bhai whispered, guilty.

"No, it's fine. I know you all have got so much running through your head at the moment. And I know that wasn't intentional. But... give me time and let me explain."

Piyush Bhai nodded after a long deep breath, taking his place back on the couch.

"That night I met........"

And there goes my full explanation from the time of the accident to when I met him again and so far.

"How could I not know such a thing happened?" Bhai whispered with his hands palming his chin.

"Di."

I looked at chachu who looked horrified.

"Chachu..." I whispered walking closer.

"Chachu-"

"Aap theek h?" And I was confused by that question.

(You okay?)

"Ha mein theek hu," I answered unsure.

(Yah!! I'm fine.)

Chachu's features quickly transformed into confusion, puzzling, understanding, worry, and whatnot.

"Chachu," I said taking hold of his hands and crouching down.

"Aap khush toh h na, baccha?"

(You are happy, right child?)

"Ha chachu. Aapko pata h Abhi na..."

(Ha uncle. You know, Abhi...)

And there it goes again. My praises of Abhi. And it didn't stop until chachu chuckled and hugged me saying,

"Bas bas, hum samajh jaye aapke Abhi ko."

(That's enough. I got your Abhi.)

Everyone chuckles soon followed and I looked around to see everyone's eyes filled with love and adoration.

"Baccha," Chachu said, seriously.

(Child.)

"Hume nhi matlab ki aap kiske Ghar ja rhi h. Agar aapko kabhi bhi, koi bhi problem ho toh aap hamare pas aane se nhi hick-kichegi. Aap humri beti thi h aur hamesha rahengi. Aap waada karo." He said, keeping his palm upwards.