16. 'Us' not 'You and I'

Naintara's POV~

I was sitting in front of the mirror ready for my engagement but the one I was getting ready for, there wasn't any news from that person.

My eyes met Chachi's through the mirror who passed a reassuring look.

I was wearing a peach-colored lengha I liked at first glance just like I started loving Abhi at first glance.

With the lengha, I was carrying heavy gold jewelry. I was already wearing heavy lengha and on top of them, this heavy jewelry. Heavy heavy.

The stylists had just left a few minutes ago after congratulating me on my engagement.

But is it really like that?? There isn't a sign of Abhi. No one knows where he is. Not a single news.

I released an internal sad sigh and looked up to find everyone looking at me with worry.

"I'm fine," I said in a small voice. But I know they won't believe it.

"Taaru, chal na photos lete h." Priya said, holding her camera which was placed on the side table.

(Taara, let's take pictures.)

I got up walking in her direction and my other friends did a happy shriek before I was even by Priya's side they were already deciding on the poses.

"Taaru, come here," Senaya said, taking hold of my hand and making me stand by her side.

I look at Vijay and Nitin who were making weird faces with their weird poses which automatically had laughter bursting through me.

And others seemed a bit relaxed after finally seeing me laughing after a whole lot of sad face moments. But I was still worried. Where's he?

But I maintained that smile for the sake of everyone around me and we had too many photos of ourselves clicked by the end with many different and weird poses.

Soon there was a knock before Senaya, Rahul, and Siya entered the room.

For a moment I thought it was news of Abhi, they were here for. But then I remembered they were as clueless as I was about their brother's whereabouts. Not just Abhi but also Reyansh bhai's.

"Bhabhi aap kitni Sundar lag rahi ho." Rahul bhaiya said.

(You're looking beautiful Sister-in-law.)

"Pakka Bhai aapko dekh kar fail ho jayenge." Senaya said.

( My Brother's heart definitely gonna skip a beat.)

"Hayee" they continued with hands on their hearts.

"Chalo chalo ab aap sab bade bhar jao hum bacho ko privacy chaiye."

(Now every adult is going to leave from here, we need privacy.)

"Bhabhi..." Senaya happily shrinks before running to me and engulfing me in a tight hug.

"Is he here?" I asked, still hugging her.

"Not yet, bhabhi," Senaya replied and I released a sad sigh.

'Agar inhe saadhi hi nhi karni toh mana kar do na direct. Itna drama kyu kar rhe h yeh.' I thought.

(If he doesn't want to marry he should have directly said so. Why all the drama?)

"Bhabhi aap chinta mat karo woh aa jayege. Kisi kam mein fase hue honge isliye kisi se baat nhi ho pa rhi hogi unki."

(Don't worry sister-in-law. He might be busy somewhere, that's why he is not able to connect with anyone.)