ii. recording studios

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

── recording studios

          𝕿he recording studios was probably one of the only places that Aurora felt that she could truly be herself. She didn't have to keep up the mysterious persona and she could just afford to be Aurora Trueman, the Californian native, when it was her and her producer.

"Morning!" She pushed the door open with her foot, twisting with the coffee and pastries in her hand.

"Hi poppet."

It helped that the producer was her father.

"Hi dad." Aurora smiled, placing the food down as her dad swept her into a hug, picking her off the floor easily. 

"I saw the talk show last night, you were incredible."

The reason that Aurora strived so hard to maintain the mystery of her home life was for one simple reason alone. Technically her father didn't exist. Or, he did exist, he'd just been dead since the Ancient Greek period. Hence why she could never allow for anyone to find out his name or who he was.

Apollo, Greek god of music, healing, the sun, etc. 

Now, Aurora could admit that when her father had revealed himself to her at age twelve, she'd been a little surprised, followed by disbelieving and then anger, denial, bargaining and finally, acceptance. Most people only went through the five stages of grief when someone died, but Aurora? Aurora got to experience that when her father introduced himself.

She'd left the house when her mother had revealed that particular shocking piece of news.

"So, what are we doing today?" Apollo sat back down, drinking the coffee that Aurora had provided as she pulled her laptop out of her bag. "All your homework's done, right? That's a school thing, isn't it?"

"Yeah dad, that's a school thing." Aurora chuckled. Apollo could never be a proper father, who was there for his children all the time, and Aurora knew that she was lucky to be able to see him as often as she did and that he cared for her, in his own immortal way. "So, I had an idea for another song to go on the upcoming album but I want to make some changes to the instrumentals that I put together a few days ago, but I can't tell what it's missing? Then I've got some new lyrics for one of those songs we were working on a few days back."

"Alright." Apollo was nodding, flicking through her laptop as she pointed out her area of issues. Aurora took that time to stretch and warm her voice up, ready for singing later on. She knew that her father being Apollo meant that she was naturally blessed when it came to singing, but she was also aware that she shouldn't do anything to strain her voice.

With that, they were underway.

Apollo ordered in food and both father and daughter settled in for a full eight hour day of work, before finally, they were ready to leave with one song nearly completed and another in the works to be finished in the next two days.