xii. puzzle master

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

── puzzle master

          "𝕲ood evening everyone!" Aurora grinned. She'd been asked by Kelly to do a live stream about a week after the puzzles had gone up, congratulating everyone on completing it and all of that.

Aurora had been summoned home the night that the puzzles went up, and her dad had come to pick her up. It had been a long chat with her mother that night, but after showing her all of the excitement and hype that had come from the games, her mother had relented and Aurora had been forgiven. 

Luke had been right in that sense.

Speaking of Luke, she hadn't been able to go back and see him and apologise yet, having to do extra shows and appearances because her mother was being a bit more vigilant over her and heading to Camp Half-Blood wouldn't make that better. Instead, she'd made a couple of appearances in New York, shot some content for the album and got to work on her newest music video, all to come out within a month or so and now, she was on her live.

The viewer count was slowly wracking up as Aurora powered down the rest of her things, grabbing her dinner and returning to sit in the shot. 

"Wow, it's so nice to see so many of you here and thanks to everyone who's watching. If you're watching later, no worries, and I hope you had a good day. How's everyone doing?" The comments whirred past her eyes, as Aurora tried to catch a few of them, responding where she could. There was a lot about school and school work, which Aurora nodded along to and added in her two cents.

She would never complain about her school work, knowing that others sometimes even struggled to go to school, but she would try her best to offer helpful study tips and time management to make it easier on others.

"No, I agree, STEM subjects are hard and if I was a subject, I'd be music." Aurora shrugged. "I think that's a bit of a given. Music is my life's passion and every day I am so thankful to be able to do that and do what I love. Hopefully, all of you will also be able to follow your passions as well."

She continued to ignore the creepy comments, knowing that Kelly would be filtering, blocking and reporting them, going through the chat to get rid of them. Finally, Aurora spotted a comment about the puzzles and her grin grew.

"I see someone's asked about the puzzles. How has everyone been finding them?"

The comments blew up again, screaming about the new album and how much fun it was and Aurora beamed. This was good. If they enjoyed it, then Aurora could show her mother and possibly get a bit more free rein in her career and choices. It showed that Aurora knew how to handle herself and what she had to do.

"Yes, my new album is coming out October 16th! I am super excited for you guys to hear what I've been working on, because it's been a long time in the making, trust me, I know." Aurora grinned. "Yes. The puzzles were my idea and trust me, I cannot thank my puzzle master enough for making them. He managed to do it in a day, because I originally wasn't going to go with the idea. Everyone, say thank you to him for making the puzzles and convincing me that yes, it was a good idea!"