iii. camp half blood

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

── camp half blood

          𝕬urora wasn't sure what she had been expecting when her dad had promised to take her to Camp Half-Blood. Her mind had sort of thought it would be like those old paintings of Olympus, all white marble and flowers that no one knew existed in the mortal realm.

So, when her father's bright cherry red Maserati came to a squealing stop on the side of the road, looking up towards a hill, Aurora's eyes had narrowed.

"This isn't the bit where you abandon me because I thought you forfeited the right to do that years ago when you got custody." Aurora muttered to her dad.

"Come on, poppet." Apollo squeezed her hand, before getting out of the car. Aurora followed, albeit a little reluctantly. She was starting to think that this entire plan of her dad's wasn't a good idea. He pulled her bag out of the small trunk, handing it to her as the father and daughter duo looked at the hill.

Apollo, who was in his usual jeans and t-shirt, flicked his sunglasses over his eyes whilst Aurora tilted her head. A thought occurred to her.

"Did you drop all of your kids off here?"

"No." Aurora turned to watch the man. "I'm a busy man, poppet."

"You always have time for me." Her voice got quiet at that. She hadn't meant to take his time away from her siblings. Would they hate her for it? Maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all.

"That's because, when my kids are here, I know they're safe. You, on the other hand, are a minor, who has already toured the world once and lives alone in New York. Of course, I am going to make sure that my most vulnerable child is safe." Apollo squeezed her shoulder. "It's alright."

"I don't want to make anyone angry."

"You won't." Apollo promised. "How about I just take you to Chiron and we'll talk and then, I'll let you be unclaimed for a few days and then claim you? Would that make you feel better?"

"I just don't want any special treatment, dad." 

Apollo sighed, kissing her head as he led her up the hill. Aurora huffed, slinging her bag further over her back, before following her father up the hill and over the crest. 

They were at the top of a large, bowl like valley, overlooking cabins, a climbing wall and a large lake, with little canoes along it. Aurora could just about make out a large amphitheatre, a smile forming on her face as she saw the classrooms and even from up here, she could hear the chatter.

"So...?"

"It's cute."

"Different to what you expected?" Apollo prompted, both of them heading down the hill.