vi. glory

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱

── glory

          "𝕿here you are!" Aurora froze, looking down from her hiding spot as she sighed. Luke was standing below the tree, hands on his hips as she sighed. "Either I'm coming up or you're coming down. Pick your poison."

There was more chance of running away from social interaction if she went down. Reluctantly, Aurora clambered down from the tree.

She never said that she was mature, and honestly, when Luke had first proposed the idea of finding what she was good at, Aurora had been somewhat for it. It would be alright, she could make friends at her own pace. Then he told her that they'd be doing it with the rest of Cabin Eleven and whatever other cabin was there, and Aurora had not been best pleased. So, when Luke had turned his back on her, she had disappeared.

"You're trouble you are. Like a cat." Luke stuffed his hands in his pockets as Aurora joined him on the floor. "I turned away for two seconds, and you were gone. You're never going to get claimed if you don't participate in things."

Aurora mumbled something out in response, looking for a way out as Luke sighed.

"Alright, the hard way it is. You run off again, I'll put you in a toddler harness."

"You wouldn't!" Aurora turned around to stare at him with wide eyes, shock running through her. The embarrassment? The humiliation! He wouldn't dare.

"Probably would actually." Luke grinned, a cocky little smirk that had Aurora's mood worsening. "Come on, I promise, everyone's super nice."

"Sure."

"And you're going to have fun-"

"Uh huh."

"And make lots of friends." Luke slapped his hands down on her shoulder, standing behind her as he forced her to walk ahead of him. Aurora huffed, struggling a little but his grip was firm as he led her towards camp. "Best to just rip the band aid off, meet lots of people all at once."

"I really don't want to."

"I know but you've had two days of just insulting me and running away, time to be sociable."

"Everyone's going to treat me weird."

"No they're not." Aurora shot him a scowl and a narrowed eyed look. "I'm with you, they're just gonna treat you like a normal camper."

"I've had three people ask for my autograph already." Aurora shook her head. "I just want normal."

"I know, but you've just got to let them get used to your presence instead of sitting in a tree somewhere like an bat."