CHAPTER 2: Myocardial infarction

CHAPTER TWO:MYOCARDIAL INFARCTION

CHAPTER TWO:
MYOCARDIAL INFARCTION.

(Quote) Karma was fair this time around
Giving me a sweet taste of her
Expensive mercy''
________

   I woke up all messed up in a sea of sweat, as a result of the triggering nightmares caused by the events I had experienced a few hours ago.

I was restless, scared as my tormented mind kept displaying images of those men breaking into my apartment and eventually having their way with me. The worst part was the fact that in those dreams, no one seemed to care about the incident, the police especially gave a blind eye, which wasn't a surprise for me as a Latin-American woman.

Last night made me question myself. I work at a four stars hotel, a few blocks away from where the incident had taken place last night.

I usually got a ride home from one of my co-workers but last night the whole place was packed and by the time my shift ended, theirs wasn't over yet, my only option was to order an uber, and the Uber was the exact cause of all my problems. It's hard to get a cab at eleven-pm, but those men got to me before the Uber did, so I ran for my dear life of course.

I felt so dirty last night that the very second I got home I went straight to the shower and washed myself to almost bleed, stopping only when I felt an excruciating amount of pain on my skin. All I wanted to do was get rid of their scents, and the feeling of their fingers on me.

I do know, I was lucky enough for I had not been raped or killed last night but the thing is; I was traumatized and the worst part is I couldn't bring myself to talk about it with my close one's because that would only worry them which I do not wish to. So all I could do was suck it up and continue with my life like I normally do.

I got dressed in my school uniform. I am a twenty-year old, college student, and I attend one of New York's most elite private university........and no I am not even rich I just won a scholarship that's all.

My backpack was already on the kitchen's countertop waiting for me, while my Pa was busy reading something in the newspaper

'' Buenos Días Pa. '' (Good morning Dad)