CHAPTER 13: MAIN CHARACTER

CHAPTER 13:
MAIN CHARACTER

(Quote) Frightened by the past
But scared to move pass the past"

..........

" So what did you find out?''
He brought out a back pack from underneath his office desk. I quirked an eyebrow as I stared at the deep brown back pack.

" What's inside that? "

" Answers " Was his short reply. I stared at the backpack for a few seconds, I felt my nerves stand at alert as I contemplated on what to do.

Well I designed the plan and I don't even know why I was acting strange when this was for a better cause. This was for Mathew fucking Coleman Ruby, your best friend.

" Is it that bad? "

" I need you to open the backpack and check everything by yourself " I nodded, as I took the backpack and opened the zipper. There were pictures, phones, clothes, pills, a-

" Oh my goodness is that blood? " I gasped my hands covering my mouth as Andrew proceeded in removing the remaining items from the bag.

" A charged gun! " at this point I could no longer believe my eyes. Bloodied shirts and pants, a charged gun and the most incredible part of everything; pictures of Matt and I, at college, the mall, the streets, my work place and even pictures of me all alone! This was crazy.

" Where did.......I mean who took this pictures?" I was shaking, my hands trembling as I stared at the pictures in my hands.

" There's a few more things Ruby, check this " He handed me the almost empty backpack. My mouth fell to the floor and my eyes were wide open as I stared at my bra's, panties all tinted in a red liquid.

" Andrew please tell me this isn't blood " He didn't dare look at my face. He couldn't lie to me when I myself knew that, the liquid was indeed blood.

" Where did you get all of these? "

" They found me " I frowned at his words.

" Drew I'm being serious here "

" So as I " -what?

" That backpack was delivered to me this morning, with a note" He handed me the said note.

The grace and the will where sealed by blood
The sunset was now
Proclaimed as the only
Course to exemption,
Do not let the unknown, know you Alexei.

" What the hell! Who did this?" I exclaimed dropping the note on the desk.

" I don't know who did this, and I'm confused too. Who the fuck is Alexei, and what does she have to do in all of this? " Andrew ran his hands through his hair. He was frustrated that was obvious, but there was something else. I could see the fear in his eyes, and I'll be lying if I said I wasn't scared as well.

" I am Alexei " He ceased his movements at my voice. I took notice of how red his face turned at my words. The guy was scared and I won't blame him. When I had asked him to help me, we weren't expecting to come across all of this....

I was expecting anything but this!

" You can back out if you want to. I won't mind, you've already done enough for me in- "

" Ruby, are you crazy! How do you expect me to leave you all alone in this mess after everything we discovered? " He sounded hurt, as if my words offended him.

" I just wanted to- " he cut me off once again.

" No Ruby you don't understand this, we are friends and I admit, that this wasn't how I expected things to turn out, but I also know that we can no longer back down from this train- " I opened my mouth to speak but he stopped me once again.