𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

When they arrived at Camp Half-Blood, it was almost noon on December 20th.

Keira had barely stirred throughout the journey, and Luke assumed it was due to the loss of blood. When he stopped to grab something for breakfast, he noticed she looked unusually pale and too weak to even nibble on the cookies he offered. It was only then that she seemed conscious enough to whisper weakly that she was okay and had no appetite.

Luke's worry grew as he saw her condition deteriorate. He hesitated, reluctant to administer more ambrosia without knowing how she would react to its ingestion. Instead, he offered her a sip of water, gently assisting her in drinking, and resolved to wait until they reached camp before deciding on the next steps. Besides, if Jon had been right before he died about Nik's sword being cursed, Luke figured she would need a treatment stronger than just ambrosia.

Everyone at camp eagerly awaited their return. When the golden motorcycle passed Thalia's tree, several campers who happened to be there at that time of year quickly gathered at the entrance of the Big House, where Luke parked the bike. He opened Keira's backpack and pulled out Talos' Knee, handing it to Mr. D, who, despite his grumbling, took it back to the attic where it belonged.

Luke assumed that everyone already knew the news about Jon's death, because no one asked about him. Chiron, upon seeing Keira's condition, quickly escorted her to the infirmary and administered a special treatment to heal her wounds.

After making sure Keira was settled, Chiron advised Luke to take some rest too. Feeling drained and weary, Luke headed back to Cabin 11 with the intention of lying down for a while. He told himself he'd catch up with Annabeth later to fill her in on everything that had transpired, but for now, he simply needed to recharge his energy and clear his mind.

However, he found it difficult to fall asleep. Scenes from the previous night and the past few days kept replaying in his mind involuntarily. His thoughts ranged from the fight with Keira in the sanctuary to the conflict with Nik by the highway and the subsequent kiss with Keira.

Especially the kiss.

He couldn't help but wonder what that kiss meant to Keira. It was somewhat ironic because he wasn't even sure what it meant to him. 

As Luke lay there contemplating, he couldn't shake the lingering sensation of Keira's lips against his. It was a moment of intensity, fueled by adrenaline and the rush of their reckless actions. Yet, as he reflected on it, he found himself grappling with conflicting emotions. There was undeniable attraction, both physical and emotional, but he couldn't decipher if it amounted to something deeper.

Keira had always been a complex presence in his life, her allure a mixture of fascination and frustration. While he admired her strength and resilience, there were moments when her impulsive nature grated on him. Despite their differences, or perhaps because of them, there was an undeniable chemistry between them.

But did that really translate to love? Luke wasn't convinced, leaning more towards a negative answer. Luke had never experienced falling in love, but he would assume that love shouldn't be as complicated as his relationship with Keira, and it should be something that flows more smoothly. Still, this didn't fully explain why every time he thought about the kiss, he felt an overwhelming urge to repeat it.

As for Keira, he wondered if she had done it voluntarily or simply because she was too weak to stop it. It didn't seem like the latter because she kissed him when they had separated. Moreover, on other occasions like in Club Abyss or the gas station, she had hinted at it. 

Nonetheless, he couldn't shake off the words of her friends, who often portrayed her as someone who relished the single life. Why would Keira feel something more for him? He was just another diversion in the many she had, and sure, maybe she had enjoyed the moment too, but she wasn't thinking about it like a fool at this moment, unlike Luke. Was he just another victim of her tricks?