Tragedy

I lay down staring at my engagement ring it was really pretty it had a square diamond and minimum not too flashy just how I liked it.

I kept replaying memories of last night how I'd carelessly let Ace slip past my guard again. And then his brother whom we had an interesting conversation.

Wait. Vinci? Is he Ace's brother? Probably explains his familiarity. He looks like a younger version of Ace and less manly, less tattoos but hot nother less handsome. Talk about good genes.

"You heard about me? From who?" I asked trying to act normal in case he hadn't seen anything.

"Yeah from Sebastian he talks a lot about you and I couldn't wait to meet you and now seems like my brother would also have things to say." He says looking at me mischievously his accent thicker now.

"I'm sorry but I'm not sure I'm following." I say feigning innocence.

He laughed softly, " Now let's skip the part where you act like it's nothing I saw a lot here and it certainly did look like something." He smiles with a wink.

"Now you and my brother what's up I get the part where he's attracted to you but really what did you see in him that jerk." He joked and I laughed.

"Please tell me you didn't hook up- oh no, you did" he said shaking his head. I liked him already he was more cheery and his mood was contagious.

"Well I'm still confused about how it happened" I admitted between laughs.

"But seriously I hope you know what you're doing okay shits like this may go down easily."

I nodded agreeing with him and whatever was between Ace and I - if anything it had to stop.

I got up and caus I had to get ready today I had like three shoots and this was gonna be a hectic week I'll have to get started with the preparations for the wedding which was two weeks from now.

After showering I did my makeup and dressed when I was satisfied with how I looked I went downstairs where Jess had just finished making breakfast.

"Before you start with why I didn't wake you up I know you had a tough night last night so I let you sleep in." Jess said in mock surrender.

"Actually I needed it today when I woke up I realized I had two weeks to prepare the only wedding of my life." I exhaled.

"We're not sure it's the only wedding you'll have." She said and I glared.

"Jess!" I scolded.

"What? Only stating facts but seriously you lucky you got me so on Wednesday you have to go see the avenue and dress fitting then Thursday cake tasting." She said.

In times like this I'm really grateful that Jess's my bestie cause of the two of us she cares most and I appreciate.

"Oooh. Thanks Jess." I cooed.