Bad decisions

I had just finished with my rehearsal and I found Jess waiting for me in my cabinet. When I entered she rushed to me.

"Finally. Now get dress we're going out tonight. And don't even think you have a way out of this cause I already made up my mind so hush. Go put on this one." She said giving me a white short dress leaving no other choice than go on with whatever she wants.

Forty-five minutes later we were sitting at the counter of our favorite club Sin which happened to be where I met Ace a few days ago

We ordered five shots each and took them with lime and salt. And I felt myself relaxing.

"Let's go dance." I shouted in the loud music and Jess nodded.

We made our way to the dance floor and partied like animals.

The night went on we danced took shots till I was sure I was starting to see stars.

"Now that we're wasted let's go to the beach." Jess slurred.

"What? We're drank as fuck! We'll probably drown." I said tripping as we made our way out.

"Stop being a pussy! No one will drown." She said waving at an Uber and we got in and I took out my phone.

I was scrolling through my contacts when as my eyes on Ace's number which he'd given meat some point I just couldn't remember when.

I pressed on it and put the phone on my ear. It rang for so long and when it was about to hung up, he picked up.

"Really? What's so urgent that you fucking call at 3am?" Ace's sleepy deep voice bummed at the other end. Jess turned to look at me with a Cheshire cat grin on her drunk face.

"I hadn't-" I hiccuped "I didn't realize it was this late. I'm so sorry." I giggled.

"Wait. Are you drunk?" He said.

"No I'm not just had a few drinks and now I'mma go skinny dipping." I shouted in the phone.

"What? Are you mad you can't go anywhere near water or you'll sure as hell drown you can't be that careless for fuck's sake." He exclaimed his voice rising.

"Well Jess says no one will drown and too bad we're already there so. Night Ace." I hung up and go out.

"You know you too are actually cute right? You and Ace." She added as she saw my confused face.

"No we're not. I can slowly feel the alcohol dropping so let's do this." We quickly undressed till we were fully naked under the moonlight and ran to the water.

It was freezing but after sometime our body adapted and we swam for a while till my engagement ring slipped and fell in the water and I gasped loudly.

"Oh no no no no" I cried out as swam underneath the water.

"What's wrong, L?" I faintly heard Jess call out after me but  I needed to get back my ring.

At some point I knew I had to go back to the surface to get some air and my brain was screaming at me but I swam deeper.
I couldn't hold any longer but then I saw a shinny thing in the water and looking closer I saw it was my ring I went for it but as I was about to grasp it my head hit something hard and everything went blur then black.

Ace's POV

I really knew it was a bad idea from the beginning. Letting Sebastian talk me into this but I was also to blame myself for acting this way.

I kept telling myself that I was just looking out for a friend. I couldn't possibly sleep knowing that my friend's fiance was putting herself in danger. So I did what any good friend would do.

I drove to the beach and arriving there were clothes scattered on the sand and I knew there were already in the water.

I made my way to the water suddenly not so sure about my superman-like action. Why did I even care? Babysitting his fiance wasn't what I promised Sebastian.

Then a scream pulled me out of my brain battle and I ran into the water to find Jessica screaming.

"What happened?" I asked and she turned to me with bloodshot eyes.

"Luana dove into the water and I can't find her she doesn't have any oxygen by now. Go there while I'll look there." I cursed and dove to the point she told Luana had gone.

I looked everywhere but I had a blur vision and the fact that it was night wasn't really at all. Damn the heck was she! Then I noticed her but her eyes wee closed and her body was limb. I went for her and pulled her to the surface then pulled her out of the water.

Jessica came running to us in hysteria. It was funny cause she didn't realize she was still naked

"What happened to her? Why is she unconscious? This is all my fault!" Her eyes widened when she realized she was naked and went on grabbed their clothes and dressed.

"I don't know but by the cut and her forehead she must have hit something but she's unconscious due to the water in her lungs." I said her pressing her chest which was bare by the was for the water. But nothing happened I did the mouth-to-mouth then pressed her chest again. She started to cough water and the relief I felt was undescribable.

"Luana Romano you scared the shit out of me!" Jessica exclaimed hugging her and I stepped aside.

"Fuck. What happened? Shit! My ring. It fell in the water." She said looking worried now. Jessica gave her clothes and she put them on wordlessly.

"Really? You almost died no one gives two fucks about a damn ring. We'll find another and Sebastian will understand. I'm so glad you're fine." Jessica said and Luana lifted her gaze to me. And mouthed a thank you. I nodded slightly.

"Come in girls let me take you home before you catch a cold." I said getting up.

"Woohoo. A free ride let's go!" Jessica exclaimed and we made our way to my car.

The ride was silent Jessica had passed out while Luana was in deep thoughts. We reached their apartment and Jessica hurried out while Luana stayed behind.

"I want to thank you for saving my life back there I really appreciate i don't know what'd have happened if you hadn't come and I'm sorry I woke you up this late." She said looking ashamed and it was a new sight. A humble Luana.

"It's nothing. And you can show me you're sorry by not taking any other bad decisions which you seem pretty good at." She smiled and it did things to my heart that had no business here.

"I'll try but seriously I'm not making any promises and since you just saved my ass back there I'm willing to try and be civil with you." She said.

"Is Luana Romano asking to be my friend now, huh?" I teased her.

"Listen Vinci don't make me regret this okay. Now good night I need to get rid of this salt sticking to me. Night Ace." And she turned.

"Bueno notte Bella!" I said making my way to my car feeling all the exhaustion hit me in a once.

I drove off home the sun starting to rise.