MAJOR

Narrator

Minji almost felt like a child in Y/n's arms.

Minji hadn't felt comfortable, solace, or care in a really long time. She had been on her own this whole time....

And after Haerin left her...

She hadn't felt this kind of love before.

- Minji POV -

I had been in Y/n's arms for a long time. Enough time for me to realize that it was the next day.

"Why didn't you take me to bed?" I groaned a bit.

I could see the sun starting to rise. The slight sunlight coming from my huge living room windows had woken me up.

"You just looked so cute clinging onto me while I watched 'Doctor Who'," Y/n cooed at me.

"Ugh," I tried to play disgust.

In reality, I liked how nerdy Y/n got when shows needed a little more brain cells, or maybe just a little more googling, to be able to enjoy.

"Did you sleep well?" Y/n cutely cupped my face.

"Mhm," I hummed out a bit shyly.

I hadn't felt love this way in a long time.

The butterflies in my stomach, clinging onto my partner, and wanting to know every single thing about them type of love.

I loved Y/n, yes, but it was her writing that captured my heart. Not her actions.

"Well, I got to do some homework before class. I recommend you call in sick so you can fully recover," Y/n gave me a gentle kiss on my forehead before getting up to head to her room.

I watched as Y/n got up and grabbed her backpack from her room. She then walked over to the living room and started to take out her laptop.

"What's your major anyway?" I asked a bit curious.

I didn't actually know what Y/n was studying to be or what her ultimate goals were in life.

All I knew was that Y/n dreamed of a home and unconditional love.

"I want to be psychologist! But, I have to learn different cultures and languages first," Y/n said as she set up her laptop.

"I'm hoping to go to America after I graduate and study more then. It wouldn't make sense to be a doctor who isn't well versed in different lifestyles," she added.

For some reason, her answer made me feel uneasy.

"You're going to America?" I asked a little upset.

I was even sure why I was upset.

"Yeah, I mean if I can afford it. I just have to get through final exams and then I can apply for a really cool study program," Y/n seemed really excited.

My jaw tightened.

It wasn't so much that I was upset, it's that I had never heard this.

I was just starting to get comfortable with Y/n and really seeing a future with her, but all of a sudden I learned that she wanted to get far away from me.

It was times like this that I realized that Y/n and I didn't really know each other.

"What about having a home and love and stuff?" I cleared my throat.

"I mean yeah, but I can find that anywhere!" Y/n said it like it was nothing.

"I'm used to having to survive without anything. Being in a different country shouldn't be much different," she followed with a smug smile.

I bit the inside of my cheek and sighed in frustration.

I really didn't understand what I was so upset about. I should've been happy for her, but instead...

I got from the sofa and started heading to my room.

"Are you feeling worse?" Y/n asked.

I stopped in my tracks and gave her a cold look.

"If you were going to do what Haerin did, you should've said that from the beginning."

- Y/N POV -

Professor Kim had been acting odd since I told her what I was going to school for.

I mean, that was my initial plan and I worked towards it in passing but it wasn't a solid plan.

She kept telling me that I was going to leave her just like Professor Kang did.

"Minji, that's not what I meant!" I yelled at The Professor.

Minji had turned very childish towards me during exam time.

"You didn't site your sources and used to many buffer words. Re-write your paper or I will make you repeat my class," Professor Kim coldly told me.

"What?!" I asked in anger.

Minji was being so harsh on my work.

"'Assuming the individuals position gave the enemy a pass would be a mistake?'

Just get to the point, why add the suspense!?" Minji yelled at me.

I looked at her in pure confusion.

I found nothing wrong with that sense or the lead up to my topic.

"What?!" I asked in pure confusion.

"Re-write it. I'm not accepting this," Minji slammed my paper against my chest.

The Professor took a deep breath and then angrily turned to return to her room.

"I'M NOT HER!!" I yelled in frustration.

Minji turned to look at me, but didn't say anything.

"Fuck this!" I huffed out, and started to grab all my things.

"I'm going somewhere where someone will actually help me. Not fuck up my grades!" I angrily exclaimed, before storming out the house.

It felt like Minji was trying to make me purposefully fail her class.

I had worked so hard and gone through so much for her to be acting like a fucking obstacle.

I took the bus to school and made my way to the library.

I wasn't one to actually study at school, because of self-esteem issues, but I couldn't let my pride get in the way of one thing I didn't want...

Which was failing Minji's class.

It would be super embarrassing to fail the class of  the professor I'm dating.

"HEY, Y/N!"

-

-

-

-

-