FRIENDS?

Narrator

Professor Kim was ready to rip Sakura apart after her talk with Haerin, but when she arrived...

She realized Haerin had lied.

She saw how kind and soft Sakura was with Y/n. She also saw their whole cute interaction.

It seemed like Sakura also thought very fondly of Y/n.

Just like Y/n thought of her.

- Minji POV -

"Y/n, wait for me at the-"

I was just trying to tell Y/n to give me some time alone with Sakura, when Y/n jolted up from the grass and said... "We were just talking!" 

If I didn't know any better, I would think Y/n was guilty of something... But I gave her a pass because I saw the whole thing.

"I know, Silly!" I giggled a bit.

"Just go to the car and I'll see you in a bit," I ordered.

Y/n gave Sakura, and I, a respectful bow... before doing as she was told.....

I took a deep breath and took off my crossbody channel bag. It took me another moment before I got down on the grass, but I eventually did.

"So, you're well off?" I asked a bit cautiously.

"Ummm...," Sakura didn't seem to know how to answer.

"I mean..., you were raised better than Y/n and it didn't work out?" I tried to find the right words for what I wanted an answer for.

"Yeah," Sakura lowly answered and began to look at the grass.

I  bit my lip a little.

I was trying to find the courage to let go of my pride.

"I'm sorry Haerin tried to manipulate you to do her dirty deeds," I reluctantly apologized.

Sometimes, I still put Haerin on a pedestal. But after what she just tried to make me believe, I realized she had changed.

"Haerin?" Sakura asked a bit confused.

"Professor Kang," I clarified.

"Ahhhh~!" Sakura exclaimed.

I cleared my throat a bit embarrassed on what I was about to share, but right now it felt like Sakura was more trust worthy than my own ex.

"She tried to tell me that you come from a well off background and that you were in collusion with her to get Y/n back. That you blackmailed Y/n into a secret relationship so I could keep my job," I explained.

Sakura turned to look at me really confused.

"I- I - I don't have any intention of th-"

She started freaking out.

"I know. I think she's projecting," I realized halfway through my sentence.

I furrowed my brows as I realized that nothing Haerin said applied to Y/n and Sakura. It was more about our own past and hurdles in life.

"How so?" Sakura pulled me out my thoughts.

"She was blackmailing me that she'd be my cover if you tried to spill anything on my relationship with Y/n," I thought out loud.

"Huh? I wouldn't say anything!" Sakura looked so confused.

"It's okay. I know, I know," I tried to calm her down.