V

lian sat there motionless for about 30 minutes already still rubbing the balled singer on his lap. he could stay there forever staring at the sleeping face that was now ingrained on his mind.

"my lord?" says a voice behind them.

lian swerved a bit still shielding his singer on his lap. 

gaining the attention of his boss, the man in black suit cleared his throat and said, "the emperor is on the line for updates."

nodding, lian was handed over a laptop on the adjacent table and there on the line is his grandfather.

"grand E, wassup?" lian started, fully aware that the camera could clearly see someone on his lap but not entirely.

"glad youre okay. is that the one?"

"clearly. you know i dont tolerate anyone sitting on my lap other than him." lian said pointing at his singer on his lap.

"oh, its a him, too. no surprise there. youve done your assignment?"

"yup. omega-born. experimented on. siphoned off. the works."

"him an omega too?"

"his log is unclear about that. hes been under a lot of gene deconstruction and construction. his body chemistrys in a haywire. its a miracle that he can still stand on his own two feet literally."

"take him to our hospital for further tests."

lian was stunned for a bit. his singer has gone through enough needles and such environment for sure will trigger another panic attack just like earlier. he knows that its necessary but...

"thanks but no."

"you understand that its for his sake, right?"

"yes, but can i take him home first and settle him down. hes not in his best shape. you know that pushing this will only result in me going rebellious, right E?"

"haaaaa....you know youre the only who can walk away threatening me, lian. dont abuse it."

"never will, grand E. as long as my singers concerned, you know the family trait, right?"

"damn, alphas! fine! contact me anytime. your moms been pestering me after you flew abruptly to that damn pesky site. call him to appease him. i cant take another shopping spree with him. i would end up buying every item in every store that were in."

"ill call him."

"do that. bring him to hq. put him in the private quarters under heavy guards. stay there until all this is over and done with. youve already done your part. this time, mind your own mate. ta!"

with that the screen went black.

yeah, his grandfathers right. hes not safe until all the tentacles are disposed off. its better for them to disappear first and settle his singers issue. whatever that is, hes sure he can handle it.