XXIII

awhile ago

"good morning beautiful..." murmured lian to the angel on his chest. 

kuea feeling still sleepy rubbed his nose on lians chest and pulled his head up to see two loving eyes looking down on him.

"morning."

both giggled as they embraced the bliss they had felt together. as rays of sunshine seeped into the room and birds chirping outside their window sill next to the myriad of flowers that was blooming beneath their window, came the gentle breeze that brushed on both of their heated bodies.

"sore anywhere?"

"just a bit."

"breakfast?"

"later." kuea said still shut-eyed. hes too comfortable to even move an inch off lians chest. his mates beating heart beneath him even lulls him back to sleep.

"we need to prepare for the party later."

"later."

lian just chuckled at his singers cheekiness. being so near to his singer made him feel more heat. not the uncomfortable one but the warmth that envelopes one's heart that makes you want to tear up. the life giving heat that only a singer could give to a vampire. the only one in the world. his singer might have grown up in an unusual and hideous place but thank all the gods and goddesses in the world that he made it through and into his arms. thinking through the time he had gazed upon the kids and mates of his family and wished that he will have his own, now hes embracing his one true love.

all was silent as lian himself was about to drift back to sleep due to the lull of his singers breathing on his chest, the blaring alarm of an intruder rang all throughout the compound.

startled, lian grabbed kuea in his arms and dressed themselves on any clothing nearest to them. lian a bathrobe and kuea wearing lians shirt that hangs down to his knees and his own pair of briefs. lian hugged kuea into his chest and proceeded to the reception area of their private floor. there, throng of armed men and women surrounded the vast expanse of the room.

"whats happening?"

"its centered at the far north entrance, my lord. no one was insight as per report." said one of lians soldier.

"no ones in sight? how...?" lian was about to add but the door burst open revealing two regal  figures but

neither of the two showed any signs of malice or intent to kill

instead of engaging, the soldiers found themselves kneeled forcefully on their knee with their head bowed to their chest. its as if by instinct, they were not to be looked into the eyes in reverence and respect. their mind might still be reeling to the idea of them kneeling to an unknown figure but every cell on their body has commanded every limb, every reaction, every action that they may do, to not attack and just worship and bask into the presence of

a goddess.

"mind us attending the party, too, lian?" said the soft voice of a man beside the elegantly dressed woman.

lian who just found himself still bowed looked up and immediately recognized the face of someone his whole family missed and loved so much even through the years.

"granny..."

"yes and im with aunty of course." gulf gestured to the woman beside him who, by the standard looks of a human, would be around her early thirties.

"and am still, after all this time, getting used to be called aunty by you lot." said the woman in a melodious voice. a voice that not only teeming with authority but also a caring tone only a seasoned mom would have for her children.

"and i told you a dozen thousand times, suck it up." gulf passed through the guards and into lians and kueas side. kuea was still stunned to see granny gulfs companion. she was so beautiful and every move she made it was as if gravity had defied her. shes so ethereal its almost impossible to believe shes someone ordinary. "hey, kuea. close your mouth, youre drooling."

"sorry." kuea was stil standing upright and was oblivious to the flood of power that washed over the room when they entered.

"sweet."

"lian, if you may." his aunty moon goddess motioned for lian to get rid of his securities."

"sure." lian went up front where everybody was facing and called out to his general. out of earshot, gulf pulled kuea with him toward the sofa together with the elegant woman. they sat together and just gazed at the people who are now filing themselves out of the room.

"howre you feeling?" gulf rubbed kueas hand.

"startled."

"we did it!" gulf giggled so much, the woman across them smiled at his playfulness.

"his idea actually."

"its better to test the security details of this place. last time when ethan was residing here, i could come and go as i please without any warning. this place should be out of our jurisdiction since its a vampire lair and it would be understandable if they have laid traps but no. theres none. its just when these new generation came and upped the level of security here."

"um... if... if you dont mind me asking, you said about you both going to the party?"

"yes, we are but well be on the crowd since were not supposed to be really here." gulf replied.

"then... then why..."

"lets just say theres going to be a lot of fun there later." gulf winked at that but clueless kuea just tilted his head in wonder.

"come on. well get you puffed up." gulf pulled kuea on his feet and walked towards their room only to see lian walking back to them after debriefing his men outside the private hall.

"where you going?" lian panicking asked his singer.

"oh, dont knot your panties into a bunch. well be beautifying my successor and youre not allowed inside your room for the rest of the day until the party starts. just proceed with the program and kuea will be there." gulf pushed lian away and proceeded back to their room laughing.

"dont worry dear. well bring kuea there." said the one theyre calling aunty. as far as lian knows their aunty moon goddess only showed herself once when his granny and grampa ascended. after that his uncle rin just reports to them whenever there was a message or when granny gulf appears. the power that had washed over them earlier only confirms that this woman is truly the goddess herself. being her children under the moonlight, no one could literally harm her and gulfs descendants being part of her blood directly only made their family all the more powerful above all creatures of the night.

feeling resigned to his fate, lian knocked on the door and came his singer who was still puzzled. "dont worry love. they wont harm you. see you later at the venue." lian kissed his singers forehead in a temporary farewell but as soon as lian let go of kueas hand, kuea grasped his hand and pulled him into a deep kiss earning a hoot from their audience inside the room.

"get a room! oh... i forgot... were inside their room." gulf teasingly played with the couple.

"see ya, later. love you."

kueas breath hitched at the mention of his love to him and hurriedly replied, "love you more."