What the Hades just happened

Percy and Hades flashed down the Underworld.

"I'm afraid I have to do this to you Agnostos." Hades said, locking Celestial Bronze shackles onto his wrists and ankles.

Percy shrugged. "Well, I've been in worse. Tartarus, for example. That place smells like primordial pits." Hades chuckled.

"You remind me of Percy." He said sadly, his eyes glistening for a split second. Percy nearly snorted. "Is he—is he really dead?" Percy nodded.

"Those who die in Tartarus never come back." Percy said grimly, trying to feel serious, but all he felt was giddines. Dam ADHD. "At least, not for mortals."

Hades sighed, burying his face in his hands, not noticing the glimmer of amusement in Percy's voice. "I should've done more for that sea scum." He mumbled. "I didn't do enough."

"Hey." Agnostos put a hand on Hades' shoulder. "He said he forgave you. It's fine. He just hates ol' Drama Queen and his ex. And the other Olympians. Including his dad. And the campers who betrayed him."

"He told you all of that?" Hades asked. Agnostos nodded, silent.

"I saw him torn apart by some monsters."Agnostos said quietly, almost bursting from the awkwardness of the moment, considering that he was talking about himself. Thankfully, he had learned not to reveal his emotions, thanks to a certain pair of twins from the Hermes cabin. "He was going to die, anyways. Don't push yourself."

"Still, though..."

"You shouldn't blame yourself for his death." Agnostos sighed. "It would become to much of a burden."

"I guess so." He whispered. "But I still know that I could've done better for him." Agnostos facepalmed.

This was going to be a long day.

Time skip sponsored by Kronos

Percy scratched Cerberus behind his ears and sighed. He didn't know how much time had passed but playing with the Underworld's creatures had been fun. He had secretly visited Mrs. O'Leary and told her not to reveal his identity. He missed Blackjack, though. That was the one pet he couldn't see.

"Can we go up?" He asked. "I'm bored." Hades raised an eyebrow.

"Monsters can get bored?" He asked, looking amused. Percy shrugged.

"I mean, I haven't even been outside for that long. Can't we just go for a walk or something?" Hades pursed his lips.

"I'll let you bring Mrs. O'Leary. I trust that you will be responsible enough, and I trust my hellhound to bring you back in an hour." Mrs. O'Leary barked happily and bounded over to Percy's side.

"Shh, girl. He doesn't know it's me yet." He whispered. "Alright, fair enough." He climbed onto the black hound's back and they shadow-traveled away.

Line break because why not

The two shadow-traveled into a forest.

"Finally!" Percy exclaimed, pulling down his hood. "It's been so long since I've seen the sky! Wanna get some blue cookies, girl?" Mrs. O'Leary whined in delight, and Percy grinned.

Percy ordered Mrs. O'Leary to stay hidden in the trees while he got the cookies.

"One package of cookies, please. Preferably blue." Percy tossed a couple bills onto the counter. The cashier looked up, looking frightened.

"Y-you!" He spluttered.

"Me?" Percy pointed to himself. "What, do I have something on my face?"

"You're Percy Jackson, aren't you?" He asked. Percy cursed. His hood was down. Dammit, way to lose the suspense, Perce.