Chapter Ten: Exploring the City

"Wake up, wake up, wake up!" Izzy bounces on Levi and Farlan's mattress.

"Ugh, Izzy... what time is it?" Farlan stretches.

"It's wake up time! Come on! Everyone is almost up!" She says, jumping off the bed and making her way out of the room.

Turning towards the man beside him, Farlan yawns, "good morning, I guess."

"Morning," Levi's deep voice replies.

The boys get up and make their way to the living room.

"Who the hell was snoring so loud last night?" Jean complains.

"It was Sasha!" Connie accuses.

"Was not!"

"Was, too!"

"No!"

"Yeah, it was!"

"Enough, you two," Levi sighs, making his way to the couch.

"Captain, what's the plan for the day?" Armin asks as he makes his way off of his makeshift bed.

Farlan walks over and hands Levi some tea. "Not sure yet. We need to get money before we can buy anything," he replies and takes a sip of his tea.

"Why do I smell smoke? It's quite strong in here. Did someone blow out a candle?" Mikasa asks.

Farlan sits down on the couch next to the shorter man, and they glance at one another.

"Farlan, did you smoke in the house? You know Levi-Bro doesn't like that!" Izzy screeches, shaking the blonde haired man in the process.

Pushing the small girl away, he coughs, "yes, sorry. It was late and we - I mean, I didn't want to go out of the house."

"Hmm..." The little red head stares. "Levi-Bro? Why can I smell smoke coming off of you too?"

He inhales before saying, "Farlan and I smoked in the house, Izzy. I'm sorry."

She stares at the two men wide eyed. "What! You don't like cigarettes I thought!"

Scratching the nape of his neck, Levi goes, "I'm sorry, Isabel. It won't happen again."

Her eyebrows knit together and she nods. "Okay... It's okay. When did you start smoking?" She questions.

"I used to do it back before I got recruited to the survey corps. I didn't want you to breathe in the smoke, so I wouldn't do it in front of you," Levi replies honestly.

Placing her hands on her hips, she says, "You two shouldn't be smoking at all!" The boys stare at her as she continues. "It's bad for you and smells bad! It makes your hands gross, too!"

Still staring, they nod in unison.

"Great! Glad we had this little chat!" She exclaims and bounces off into the kitchen to make breakfast.

"Did - Did we just get scolded?" Farlan smirks.

Nodding, Levi says, "I believe so..."

A snicker is heard from one of the teenagers and the captain throws an intense glare.

"Uh, sir? What should we do about the job situation? Any ideas how to go about that?" Eren asks, changing the subject.

Putting a hand on his knees and a sip of his hot tea, their captain says, "We can go out into the city today and take a look. We also need to find better suiting clothes for you all as well along with some more food."

"Great! But with what money?" Eren's eyebrows go up in question.

"Erwin gave us a little funding for the mission. We will use that."

—————

"Oo, oo, oo! How about this one?" Historia asks, taking a dress off of the rack and showing Mikasa and Sasha.

"I like it!" Sasha replies with a bright smile.

"Too old looking," Mikasa mutters.

"Huh? Too old looking?" Historia turns the dress towards her so she can take a better look.

"Hey!" Jean, Connie, Armin, and Eren yell from the other side of the store. "How about we add some hats to our outfits?" They grin.

Rolling their eyes, the girls continue to look around.

—————

"So ist es immer" Isabel sings with her hands full of breads, soups, and tea.

"Think they are having any luck finding stuff?" Farlan asks, his hands also filled with the same items.

"Knowing them, they are finding too much stuff," Levi signs.

"Captain, Farlan, Isabel!" The squad calls out, running to the group of three.

"We got some cool stuff!" Eren says, waving his clothes around in excitement like a little kid.

"And hats!" Connie jumps in.

"That's great! You'll have to show us when we make it back to the house!" Farlan laughs.

The group chats amongst themselves until they finally arrive at the house.

Unlocking the door, Levi, Farlan, and Izzy places the food in the kitchen while the others begin to change into their new attire.

"Oh my gosh! I love the hats!" Isabel tells them, bouncing up and down on her heels.

"Thank you! Now that we have more fitting clothes, do you think we can go back into the city to hopefully get some jobs?"

"Actually, I was thinking..." Levi begins, "While you guys were fooling around, I got my old job back. It makes good money, so I don't think you'll need to apply for anything."

"Aww..." Sasha says in disappointment.

Farlan and Isabel stare at the shorter man.

"But, uh, Lee? There's ten people living in this house now. Don't you think we'll need a little extra help with cash?" Farlan asks dreadfully.

Levi shakes his head, "With your job at the bar, and my job, I think we'll make it."

Farlan can only nod.

"Now, we need to begin acquiring information about the missing 3DMG gear and the scout. Farlan, ask Yen if he has heard anything. We'll start investigating later tonight."