Chapter Eleven: Ain't No Rest For The Wicked

The group all sit on either the couch or the cracked, wooden floor. They are eating hot soup and drinking some water they got from the well. The young soldiers chat with one another, still excited to have found some new clothes that aren't their uniforms. 

A cough interrupts their chatter.

"Okay, brats. We need to discuss some important things that can happen. Especially the night life," their captain begins. "People only care about a few things down here. Sex, money, and drugs. It's important to keep this in mind. People will deceive you, manipulate you, seduce you, and try to kill you just for some money. Don't let anyone take advantage of you. Don't let your guard down. Got it?"

"Yes, sir!" They reply. 

"Good. Farlan, what did Yen tell you?" Levi asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Yen informed me that the supplies that have gone missing have been making the economy go up. This means people are selling it. To who? We don't know. But, I was talking to his gang and one of the member's girlfriend knows something about the MPs going missing. He didn't know much, so we'll start by stopping where she works and go from there," Farlan informs.

"That's great news! It's defiantly a start in the right direction! Where does this lady work?" Isabel asks. 

"At the bar and brothel."

----------

The group walks in different paces, trying not to make it obvious they are all together. 

Jean leans down to whisper into Armin's ear, "the brothel? I know the captain said something about lots of sex, but really? I wouldn't let my girl work at a brothel."

"People down here need money... desperately. I'm surprised we haven't ran into a prostitute already," Armin whispers back. 

"I guess. Hey, do you think we'll get hit on by some girls while we are here?"

Pushing Jean off of his shoulder, Armin begins to walk faster to catch up with the rest of the group.

"Hey! It's just a question!" 

"Can it, horse face! We don't wanna cause too much attention to ourselves," Eren taunts. 

"Yeah, Jean. We are supposed to be blending in right now," Historia states as they come to a stop. 

"Would you guys stop talking for just a minute? We are almost there I think!" Sasha tells them as she points up ahead to a run down building. 

The group makes their way closer. There's a sign above the door saying 'The Red Door.' Which, in fact, the door to the entrance is red.

Farlan opens the door, letting Levi and the rest of the group in. There's music playing and loud chatter. The place reeks of alcohol and sex.

"Farlan! It's your day off! What are you doing here? We have enough coverage at the bar tonight. Come here to make another dollar?" A woman asks.

Farlan laughs, "No, I'm actually here to see Cherry. She working tonight?"

"Oh, I didn't know you were into her! Yeah, she's upstairs in room three. Don't think anyone else is in there, so she's all for you! Pay in advance," the woman replies. 

Farlan blushes as he hands her the money and makes his way up the staircase.

Levi turns to the squad, pushing his head towards the bar, silently letting his squad know to head over there to look around.

The group does as they are told and makes their way to find a place to sit while the captain stays behind to talk to the woman. 

"Raven! When are you wanting to start back up again?"

"I can start later tonight," Levi mutters back.

A waiter walks by with drinks in hand. Levi lifts his hand up, indicating his wants a drink.

"Sounds good to me! It's busy tonight, so I can reassure you that you'll be making a good amount tonight."

Levi cringes at her words, "fantastic..." he mutters again.

The waiter comes back with the drink and places it on the nearest table to the shorter man. Levi grabs the drink and shoots it into the back of his mouth. 

----------

Farlan knocks on the door. A young women, maybe in her teens, opens the door. Her face immediately lit up with recognition. "Farlan?" She exclaims with a smile and beckons him into the room. 

"Cherry, I'm looking for someone, I am wondering if you have any information." 

She lets out a disappointing laugh, "of course. What do you need?"

Farlan then proceeds to explain the situation. Cherry smiles, "oh, I know all about that! The man in charge of the whole thing is actually one of my clients." 

"Oh? Who is it?" he asks. 

"He won't tell me his name, but they call him The Sinner. He does it all; theft, rape, murder. He really scares me."

Farlan nods, "thank you, Cherry. I really appreciate it." He then drops dollar on her bedside table and leaves the room.

He makes his way back down the stairs, glancing around his workplace, he spots the group of soldiers and lets out a laugh when he sees a girl trying to talk to Jean. He then sees Levi, drinking his whiskey and talking to an older man and the woman they were talking to earlier. He raises an eyebrow and slowly gets closer, starting to hear the conversation.

"Raven, huh? You'd be a good one for the night," the old man grunts out. 

"I"m not on the clock yet. Try again later."

Farlan can feel his face getting hotter. He clenches his fists and takes a deep breath. He walks past them, making his way to Jean and the girl. "Not now, Nina. I need to talk to them." 

The girl makes a pouting look before walking away to find her next client.

"What did she tell you?" Mikasa asks.

"We'll regroup at the house. I'm sure Izzy is anxious to know what happened."

They make their way to the door, past Levi, the old man, and the front desk woman. The group makes a questioning look as they leave their captain there.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: May 01 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Bandits and Thieves With Wingsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें