10- Scared Lamb

The morning sun cast its golden rays over the Shergill mansion, signaling the beginning of a new day. Each member of the household had their own reasons for approaching the day.

For Manyata and Kajal, the morning arrived with a flurry of activity and anticipation. With the party planning responsibilities on their shoulders, their day began with a list of tasks, preparations, and coordination. 

The Shergill mansion echoed with the sound of laughter and camaraderie as the three siblings—Kush, Maithili, and Raghavi—joined forces to assist the girls in their work. Manyata and Kajal were engrossed in organizing and planning, ensuring every detail of Dadi's 75th birthday celebration was perfect.

Aniket, as always, found his morning filled with tasks delegated by his boss. Whether it was running errands or managing logistics, he obediently carried out his duties.

Meanwhile, for Raghavendra, this morning presented a new addition to his usual office work. He found himself inexplicably drawn to keeping an eye on the "scared lamb," Manyata. As she moved about the mansion, he observed her from a distance, noting her every action. Unbeknownst to Manyata, Raghavendra's watchful gaze followed her, leaving an intriguing air of mystery around his unexpected interest.

Nirved came to Raghavendra as he was at home today. He knocks on the door and Raghavendra looked at him and gestured him to come in.

Raghavendra: Bataiye chachu aaj kya kaam hai aapko? 

Nirved: (was taken aback by his bluntness) Zaroori toh nahi ki muhje mere bhatije se milne ke liye koi kaam lekar aana pade.

Raghavendra: (scoffs at his statement and says) Interesting! aapka aise achanak se pyar jatana kuch hazam nahi hua muhje

Nirved: Listen Raghavendra I need some money.

Raghavendra: (looks at him with a raised eyebrow and says) Money? par jaha tak muhje pata hai aap Shergill Group ke employee hai aur construction department aapke under aata hai toh aap muhjse paise kyun maang rahe hai.

Listening this Nirved  was slightly scared thinking whether he knows the truth or not.

Raghavendra: (continues) Ohh main toh bhul hi gaya tha ki aap already 200 crore ka nuksaan kar chuke hai, hai na? 

And this was it, Nirved started sweating thinking that if he knows about the loss and than he also knows about the other thing that he tried to misbehave with an female employee.

Chitra: (who was coming behind her husband enters in the room and says) Yeh koi tarika nahi hai apne chacha se baat karne ka? 

Raghavendra: (smirked at her and says) Ohh chachi aaiye.... well tarika toh nahi hai lekin kya kare aapke pati yahi behaviour deserve karte hai. 

Chitra was angry now and looked at her husband who was wiping his sweat with handkerchief and without thinking anything she started to spat venomous words

Chitra: Just because tumhe iss ghar ki aur pure business ki zimmedari di gayi hai iska matlab yeh nahi hai ki tum hume kuch samjho hi nahi..... aur mera Kush bhi yeh sab desreve karta hai, tum ek acche bete toh nahi ban paaye toh kam se kam ek acche bhai ban jaao.

She said all this with a smirk on her face knowing this was the weak point of him, his childhood and his biological mother and Nirved was cursing his wife in his mind because now Raghavendra looked angry but he laughed like a maniac and this laugh was far more dangerous than his anger and this time both Chitra and Nirved shivered seeing him like this he take a step towards Chitra.

Raghavendra: Chachi aapko pata hai abhi tak aapke husband zinda kyun hai? 

She gasped in fear

Raghavendra: Kyunki Kush aapka beta hai sirf issiliye varna iss ghar ki deewar pe Nirved Shergill ki photo lagi hoti vo vhi maala ke saath.