29- The Deal

Raghavendra's POV

As I lay on my bed, the image of Manyata's flushed face after I kissed her neck played over and over in my mind. 

I couldn't shake off the sensation of her soft skin against my lips, the subtle scent of her hair lingering in my senses.

This wasn't part of the plan. 

Marrying Manyata was a means to an end – a way to exact revenge on Rohan for the pain and loss he had caused. 

But now, everything was turning upside down. 

The attraction between us was undeniable, the closeness far more intimate than I had anticipated.

I had always prided myself on my self-control, on my ability to suppress any desires that threatened to surface. 

But with Manyata, it was different. 

Her presence ignited a passion within myself that I struggled to contain. 

It was a terrifying feeling, the way she could unravel me with just a glance, a touch.

In that moment, when I had kissed her neck, I had lost control. 

The rush of desire had been overwhelming, consuming myself entirely. 

I knew I should have resisted, should have maintained my composure, but I couldn't help myself.

As I lay there, lost in thought, a sense of guilt washed over me. 

I had a plan to fulfill, and getting entangled with Manyata was a dangerous distraction. 

I needed to remind myself of my priorities, to focus on the task at hand.

But despite my best efforts, I couldn't shake off the memory of that moment – the way her eyes had widened in surprise, the way her breath had hitched ever so slightly. 

It was a moment I knew I would never forget, a moment that had changed everything.

Raghavendra's POV ends

As the days passed, the impending diamond deal loomed closer. 

Raghavendra and Aniket busied themselves with preparations, gathering documents and ensuring everything was in order for the transaction. 

Manyata, meanwhile, found solace in the kitchen, preparing breakfast alongside Pavitra.

In the hall, Chandrika sat with Kush and Maithili, while Raghavi was engrossed in a phone call, discussing important matters related to the Shergill Group of Companies.

Manyata instructed the house help to call everyone for breakfast.

As the family gathered around the table, Chandrika turned her attention to her younger son, Nirved, inquiring about his recovery from his injury.