18- I Am Ready

Raghavendra, his eyes piercing into Manyata's soul, declared

Raghavendra: You have 24 hours to think. Jawab haan hua, then I'll leave Kajal alive. Lekin agar jawab naa hua, toh tum jaanti ho ki main kya kar sakta hoon.

His cold words hung in the air, a grim reminder of the dark choices laid before Manyata.

As Raghavendra turned to leave, Manyata couldn't contain her anguish any longer.

Manyata: Aap aur kitna girenge, maine socha bhi nahi tha ki aap itne ghatiya insaan hai

She shouted, the weight of her shattered expectations and the cruelty of the situation breaking through.

He chuckled, a twisted amusement dancing in his eyes.

Raghavendra: Thank you for the compliment, sweetheart. Par kya karu, rakshas hoon na, toh itna toh banta hai

He replied callously, his laughter echoing through the dungeon. 

With that, he left the room, slamming the door shut with a resounding bang, leaving Manyata alone with the harsh reality of the choices she must now make.

In the cold and dimly lit room of the dungeon, Raghavendra leaned back in his chair, his mind working on the next move in this intricate game. 

He turned to Aniket and said

Raghavendra: Ek kaam karo, Rohan ke room ke bahar jo aadmi lagaye hai, unhe vaha se hatao. Aur uss tak kaise bhi yeh khabar pauhchao ki uske room ke bahar koi guard nahi hai.

Aniket, always ready to execute Raghavendra's orders, looked at him skeptically and said

Aniket: Lekin boss, iss hisaab se toh vo bhaag jaayega.

Raghavendra: (smirked, relishing the anticipation) Yahi toh main chahta hoon, Aniket.

Aniket: Lekin kyun boss?

Raghavendra leaned forward, his eyes gleaming with a wicked delight.

Raghavendra: Shatranj ke khel mein khiladi ko hamesha chaal badalte rehna chahiye, taaki samne wale ko kuch pata na chale. Main iss game ka champion hoon, main bas apni chaal badal raha hoon.

Aniket absorbed the strategic wisdom in Raghavendra's words and nodded in understanding.

The news that there were no guards around Rohan's room quickly reached Rohan's ears. 

A cunning smile crept across his face as he saw an opportunity to escape the clutches of Raghavendra. 

Following the plan that had unfolded, Rohan seized the moment, slipping away from the dungeon unnoticed. 

Like a pawn in the game of chess, he made his move, unaware that Raghavendra had orchestrated the entire sequence to further manipulate the unfolding events in his favor.

Aniket entered with a tray of food, his eyes reflecting a mix of sympathy and concern as he looked at Kajal's tear-stained face.

Aniket: Have it, Kajal. Tumhe zaroorat hai. Varna ladogi kaise?

He urged gently, holding out the plate of food.

Kajal: (her spirit broken, replied) Mujhe bhook nahi hai.

Aniket: (sighed and insisted) Kajal, have it.

She looked at him with tearful eyes and asked

Kajal: Manu kaha hai? Kaisi hai vo?

Aniket: Manyata thik hai, Kajal. Don't worry. Boss uske saath kuch galat nahi karenge.

Kajal: (scoffed, her bitterness evident) Isse zyada kya galat ho sakta hai uske saath?