40- Forgiveness & Deal

Raghavendra's POV

Raghavendra's POV

I sat in my office, my mind consumed by thoughts of Manyata. 

Her tear-streaked face haunted me, her words echoing in my mind. 

For the first time in my life, I felt the weight of guilt and remorse pressing down on me. 

I was accustomed to being ruthless, to inflicting pain without a second thought, but seeing Manyata's pain had pierced through my hardened exterior.

I couldn't shake the image of her brokenness from my mind—the way she had opened up to me about her past, the scars she bore from a lifetime of hurt. 

Despite my efforts to remain detached, I couldn't deny the strange stirring in my chest whenever I thought of her. 

My heart, the organ I had long considered dormant, seemed to beat with a newfound intensity whenever she was near.

I replayed our encounter in my mind, each word exchanged between us cutting deeper than any blade. 

I had lashed out in anger, my own insecurities and frustrations driving me to hurt her. 

But now, in the solitude of my office, I was forced to confront the truth—I cared for her in a way I couldn't quite comprehend.

The realization filled me with a mixture of confusion and longing. 

I had never experienced such vulnerability before, such a powerful desire to make amends for my  actions. 

I had apologized to her, uttered the word "sorry" for the first time in my life, but she had remained unmoved, her forgiveness seemingly out of reach.

As I grappled with my emotions, another feeling crept in—an unfamiliar sensation that burned deep within me. 

Jealousy. 

The thought of Manyata's past love, Rohan, incited a rage unlike anything I had ever felt. 

I wanted to destroy the man who had hurt her, who had stolen her affection.

But amidst the turmoil, there was a glimmer of solace—a sense of possessiveness that I couldn't deny. 

Manyata was my wife now, bound to me by marriage, and I found a strange comfort in that fact. 

I would do anything to earn her forgiveness, to prove that I was worthy of her forgiveness.

Lost in my thoughts, I resolved to find a way to mend the rift between us, to win back the trust and affection of my little wife.

Raghavendra's POV ends

Manyata and Kajal sat in the elegantly decorated hall of the Randhawa house, waiting to collect their payment.