016

"Hey wait for me!" 

Nora ran towards the door of the Quinn's house, where James and Michelle stood waiting to be let in. 

"Well well well look who it is" Michelle shouted, giving the girl a big hug "Like what you've done with the hair" 

Over the past 24 hours Nora had made the grand decision that she didn't want to have mass amounts hair anymore. She hadn't completely gone bald but her hair that had previously met her middle arm was now sitting above her shoulders. 

"Yeah, you look very pretty" James spoke out slightly dopey, happy to get to see the girl again. 

Nora's grin widened. 

"Fuck-a-doodle-doo." Michelle let out as Erin opened the door for the group to enter. Erin groaned as Michelle went off on her tangent, leaving the door for Nora and James to enter. 

"After you" James spoke gesturing for Nora to enter. 

"Why thank you" Nora spoke in her best attempt at an english accent 

"Wow, that was just awful" James chuckled "like absolutely horrid"

 "Come off it" Nora gave him a shoulder bump before joining the rest of the group in the kitchen.

"I am buzzing for this weekend. Them waterproof trousers do wonders for my hole" Michelle spoke up as she ate her toast. 

"Mine are pink. They're bright pink." James spoke dejectedly. 

 "They were two for one, James. Stop crying." That caught Mary's attention. 

"Two for one? Where?" 

"Kay's catalogue." 

"Don't worry, you could deff pull off pink" Nora whispered into James' ear and her smiled back at the girl. 

Michelle began to speak again "By the way, my mammy said to tell you-" 

"Her big bowl." Mary interrupted "I know, I know, I keep forgetting. I'll drop it round today." 

"No, she says you're to hang on to it." Michelle corrected. 

This seemed to send Mary into a state of Shock "She doesn't want her big bowl back? But why? There's nothing wrong with that bowl." 

 "Sure, I was admiring that bowl only yesterday. It's a grand bowl." Sarah piped in, moving her way over to the conversation. 

 "I'm just the messenger, folks." Michelle held her hands up in surrender. Mary stood there shocked, before she shook her head speaking to the group. 

 "We need to shift ourselves. Listen, wains, I've already said this to Erin." 

"Please, Mammy, don't," Erin begged.

"No funny business with these Protestant lads. Is that clear? I don't want anybody landing back here pregnant." 

"Not very likely in my case" James attempted to joke. 

"I wouldn't rule it out son" Joe spoke from behind the group. 

 "Teenage boys can be very convincing, girls." Mary continued. 

"I'm a little scared of teenage boys" Nora whispered to James. 

"I'm one" the boy replied, expecting to calm the girl but he was only met with a wide eyed stare as she shuffled slightly away from him. 

"We're not doing this to get off with some protestant boys, Mammy." Erin rolled her eyes. "We're doing this to reach across the divide. We're doing this for peace!"