030

Our fear was replaced with something more terrifying...

Hope. 

Hope is so much worse. With hope you have soMethInG tO loooooooooose... 

The video the group of teens had been surrounding began to buffer as the audio faded out. 

"Oh, for fuck's sake! What's happened now?!" Michelle asked annoyed. 

"Your TV is such a piece of crap." James pointed to Erin.

"No, it's not. Your camera's the problem." Erin defended her tv. 

"My camera's top of the range!" "It's true. His ma only sends him really expensive shit," Michelle announced "you know, to make up for the fact that she doesn't love him." 

"Michelle!" Nora scolded giving the girl a disappointed look. 

"Oh, sorry, that came out wrong. I meant..." Michelle paused for a moment thinking of how to better word it " Nope, can't think of any other way to put that."

"That actor there looks so familiar." Orla narrowed her eyes at herself. 

"That's you, Orla." Erin spoke causing the girl to look excited. 

"You're like a movie star" Nora turned to the girl excited, ignoring the fact she too was in the film. 

 "We're gonna have to reshoot this footage." James spoke up 

"No chance!" Michelle objected, sick and tired of the countless hours they had put into this "documentary" 

"Oh, come on, Michelle!" James pleaded "These kids from Germany made a short film about the Berlin Wall, and it won an Oscar!"

"Aye, but they probably had, you know, talent." 

"You guys are all very talented" Nora whispered to the group, trying to balance out the damage Michelle may have done to their self esteem. 

"Look, we need to face the fact that we've spent the summer making something that's really quite shite." "

It's not shit, Michelle!" James defended his work, glancing slightly at Erin "Well, the script might need a bit of work." 

"Do not start on the script again! The script is a masterpiece!" Erin got equally as defensive over her work. "

The script is boring, Erin. It doesn't make any sense. What's it even about?" 

As her friends continued to speak Nora's eyes began to wander back to the tv. What was once a film of her friends was now a distorted clip of shapes and sounds. She couldn't help but be memorised drawing out the sounds of her friends. 

"I mean look at Nora, she can't pay attention to this conversation how do you think she went in a test" 

"Huh" Nora looked up back at the group completely confused. 

"Don't diss on Nora now ok" Michelle warned Clare "her mind is just more creative". 

"Look I'm just worried. If you fail your GCSEs the school won't take you back." Clare clarified. "I don't wanna have to make new friends from scratch, I'll have enough on my plate with the A-levels! I'm just praying you lot scrape by!" 

"Aww" Nora spoke, happy that in some messed up way her friend cared for her. 

"That is very considerate of you, Clare." Erin spoke sarcastically. 

"I know!" 

The group decided to head down to the video store, hoping to find something more interesting to do.