CHAPTER 15: OJO POR OJO

CHAPTER FIFTEEN: OJO POR OJO

CHAPTER FIFTEEN:
OJO POR OJO.

{QUOTE}  The ghost of whom I once knew as my best friend."

~~~

       There were situations in life, which made us realize how much we loved living. Being it to the fullest or calmest.

     You realize that even if you loved someone with all of your might and being, you can't always save them. That sometimes we need to let go, even when it hurts us, we still need to set free from the bondage.

  Life wasn't a Hollywood movie were you killed people with kindness or love.

In this Life if someone points a gun at your head, it's the end for you: at least in most cases.

The books we read told us that paying evil with evil doesn't result in good, but still there's a Spanish quote I always remember which said ' Ojo por Ojo, Diente por Diente' and that quote alone contradicted the books we read about morals and values.

That quote was a clear reminder that sometimes in life, you shouldn't give the ride cheek after being slapped in the left cheek, that sometimes if you were slapped on the left cheek you should slap back at your aggressor on his left cheek too.

     I sat all by myself, since I was currently the only person inside the metro. I couldn't help but think about how if I had stayed home non of this would had happened to me. That maybe if I hadn't gotten out of bed, I wouldn't be experiencing the excruciating amount of pain I was facing; but then I remembered his face, the pain, hurt, fear and defeat I saw in his eyes today. I had never seen him like that before, it was as if I was staring at the ghost of whom I once knew as my best friend.

I was glad, that I had managed to see him. Even if it was for the last time, I was grateful for being able to hold him and feel his warmness one last time.

I never thought a day would come where I'd be losing my friend or where I would be forced to leave him behind, but I had to let go. I wasn't stupid enough to try and get close to him again.

It did surprise me, of how I was still alive but I couldn't take any more chances. I couldn't continue putting my life at risk when I had a father who only had me to hold on to.

I had been selfish from the very beginning of my get him plan. All I wanted was Matt for myself so I ignored every other thing around me and now I had a broken rib, bruises, and a broken hand.

Funny how I was stupid enough to believe the idea of if I went there and told him to cancel the wedding everything would turn back to normal and we would be together once again.