Chapter 9

HAN POV

HAN POV

At the house, I decided that it really would be a good idea for me to take a nap. My head still hurt, and I popped a couple more pills in the hopes that the migraine would go away soon. I tore away my sweater and put it on the chair beside the bed along with my jeans. In just my briefs, I settled into bed with my eye mask. With the light gone, my brain felt like it was calming down already.

I fell asleep quickly.

I heard a grunt which made me wake up just before the mattress bounced. I tore off my eye mask anxiously to find Lee Know lying on top of the covers with his hands behind his head.

"Sorry," he apologized. "I didn't mean to wake you."

I was still sleepy, so I put my mask back on, deciding that rest was more important than trying to seduce someone who didn't want me.

"What?" Lee Know asked. "No kiss? No begging?"

I raised my eye mask to look at him. His lips were pursed and his eyes were wild. He threw the comforter off of me and licked his lips. He seemed surprised but not thrown off his game to find that I was just in my underwear. His hand pulled against my bare waist, and he dragged me towards him until my chest was against his. We both lay on our sides, and he pulled the mask off of me completely, pushing away any hairs that fell into my face.

"Didn't you miss me?" he pouted.

I didn't know what to say. Had he wanted me to miss him?

"You've been doing a good job making Seungmin jealous," he told me. The mention of his ex immediately ruined the mood for me.

"Thanks," I replied. I tried to grab my eye mask, but he snatched it further away.

"Don't look so sad, baby." Lee Know placed his hand on my cheek, and I sunk into it despite the fact that I thought he might have been making fun of me. I didn't care. I'd spent years praying for the day when someone would want me again, and I didn't know how long I had left to feel like this.

He leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on the tip of my nose. I could smell the alcohol on his breath. He and the others must have gone drinking after their climb up the tower.

"Are you drunk?" I asked.

"Maybe," he hiccuped.

I shook my head with a breathy laugh. Of course, Lee Know would only be acting like he wanted me because he couldn't have Seungmin and was drunk.

"Let's take a nap, yeah?" I asked him, trying to distract him before anything else happened. I wanted Lee Know to want me without alcohol.

He nodded with a playful look in his eyes. He gave me back my eye mask, and I rolled over to go back to sleep after putting it on. It didn't take long for him to pull me back towards him. I yelped and his arm held me in place against him.