Chapter 19

HAN POV

HAN POV

I just needed to get through the white party. This was the last major event of the trip. I was sure I'd be fine if I just got enough sleep and was overly careful about not exerting myself.

The next morning, Lee Know brought me breakfast in bed and made me eat all of it with my medicine. He seemed to be under the impression that most of my symptoms were from a lack of food. I let him believe it.

I didn't want him to know the truth.

"I have a surprise for you," Lee Know uttered sweetly once I'd finished eating. We were lazily huddled on a bench overlooking the ocean but only after I'd begged him to take me down to the beach. I liked how small I felt here, that it reminded me how unimpressive my existence was. It made me feel less guilty about potentially leaving it all behind.

"What is it?" I asked, gazing up at him. The sun-rays surrounded his face making him appear angelic.

Lee Know reached into his pocket and held out his hand to reveal a necklace with a black triangular charm.

"It might be cheesy," he began. "But it's made of a stone called black jet. The lady at the shop told me it's used to help with migraines."

I carefully took the necklace from him and stared at it. It was beautifully cut and incredibly thoughtful. "Lee Know..."

"I just want to help, Han. If you won't let me take you to the doctor or get you actual medicine, I'm going to find my own way," he explained.

I squeezed the stone tightly, feeling very grateful that he had cared enough to try. "Thank you," I muttered, a single tear falling down my cheek. It had been so long since anyone had attempted to help me. Even longer since I'd accepted it.

I didn't allow anyone to care for me anymore because letting people in and seeing them leave one-by-one when you became too burdensome was too much to bear. I'd rather not give people the option anymore.

But if Lee Know wanted to force his way in, from now on, I'd let him help in the ways he offered.

"Can you put it on?" I asked.

Lee Know nodded cutely, his face blushing as though he'd been worried I wouldn't allow him to gift it to me.

"It would look great with your white party outfit," he whispered as he focused on doing the clasp around my neck.

"It will," I agreed. He kissed my cheek and we leaned back against the bench, soaking in the sun. "Before we go back upstairs, can we go into the water?"

"Han..." Lee Know went to argue. He'd told me already that he didn't think it was safe. He didn't want me to have a seizure and drown on his watch.

"You can go with me. Just let me put my feet in," I begged.

Lee Know exhaled but gave me a small nod. He held my hand, and we walked down across the warm blanket of sand, leaving our shoes by the bench for retrieval later.

When the waves finally washed over my feet and ankles, I closed my eyes and absorbed it. The sounds of the gentle waves hitting the shore, the warmth of the sun rays, and the feeling of Lee Know's hand in mine... I didn't want to forget the feeling of these things. I felt content and safe and at peace.

"Han, are you okay?" Lee Know asked softly.

I opened my eyes to his thumb wiping a tear from my cheek.

I nodded and gave him a soft, reassuring smile.

"Come on," I told him and gripped his hand more tightly to walk us back to the house which took great effort as the sand required a lot of energy to trudge through.

Lee Know followed, and we collected our shoes before heading inside.

He showered first while I prepared my white party outfit. I had never worn a monochromatic white look before and was sure I would look ridiculous and like a discarded member of a boy band.

"Your turn to shower," Lee Know informed me from the doorway. His abs were glistening from the water, and it was a fight to tear my eyes away.

I left the door open while I bathed. I wished I could say it was to tease Lee Know, but I was actually just worried I would fall again and need him. I hadn't been as dizzy today, but it could sometimes come on suddenly.

Lee Know was already dressed when I re-entered the room. His shirt was slightly see-through in the sun coming in from the window, and I couldn't help but stare.

Even as I dressed myself, I wasn't paying attention. My focus was on Lee Know. He smirked at me, and I looked down to see I had put my shirt on backward in my distracted state.

He crossed the room to help me. "I told you the necklace would look good," he grinned, making no comment on how I'd messed up putting my clothes on.

I looked down to see how low-cut my shirt was. Lee Know had a hand resting on the bare skin of my chest, and my heart pounded.

"You look pretty, Han," he complimented. My cheeks burned.

"You look perfect," I told him. I pulled him closer by the belt loops of his pants, and he sank into me. I backed myself against the wall.

I loved that. I loved Lee Know feeling so much larger than me. I loved the way his body shadowed and towered over mine. I loved the way he smelled like tangerines from his shampoo and the way the pads of his fingers felt against my skin.

Lee Know's lips were plump, and he bit his bottom lip as he leaned into me.

"We have to leave for the party soon," he reminded me.

"I know," I answered breathlessly. My mind was in a daze as I took him in. His nipples were hard under his shirt, and it was very distracting. His ears were red, and I wondered if it was from shyness or if he was turned on too.

"We don't have time," he said simply. I knew what he was talking about...and thinking about. I was desperate to tear his clothes off too...desperate to hear his pretty moans.

"I know," I repeated. I brought my lips forward and kissed his neck.

He let out a soft sigh that was so sinful it should have been bottled up and used as a weapon.

My entire body was on edge, and I grasped his shoulders needily.

"It's time to go!" Seungmin knocked impatiently at the door.

I closed my eyes in annoyance when Lee Know pulled away.

"Coming," Lee Know told Seungmin, his voice breathy.

I opened my eyes again, and Lee Know had returned to his spot above me.

"I want a kiss first," was all he said before leaning forward and attacking my lips with his.