Chapter 32

LEE KNOW POV

LEE KNOW POV

Han and I spent the night wrapped around one another. His lips only left mine to kiss my neck and mine only left his to kiss his cheeks. Our hands held onto each other desperately, and I made sure to give him as much love as he deserved.

When the sun rose the next morning, my eyes fluttered open. It had become so bright so quickly, and it took me a moment to remember where I was.

My body was still wrapped around Han's, clinging to him in any way I could. My hand was still in his hand that he had placed against his heart.

"Feel that?" he'd muttered. "It beats only for you," he'd promised.

...But unlike last night, it wasn't beating for me anymore.

"Han?" I whispered, trying to wake him, but he didn't move.

I sat up in a panic, suddenly completely awake. I shook his shoulder, "Han?"

Again, he remained still.

I laid him flat on his back and pressed my ear against his chest.

I'd never heard anything so quiet.

"Han!" I cried out as I tried to remember what little I knew about CPR.

"Baby, not now. Not yet," I pleaded, as I pressed down on his chest repeatedly before holding his nose and blowing into his mouth. 

"Han, please don't go," I sobbed. "Please don't leave me."

This couldn't be happening. I wasn't ready. I didn't know how to deal with it.

I blew in more air and pressed my ear against his chest again.

Silence.

I pushed harder. "Han, no, no, baby don't go. Please don't leave me."

I pressed my lips to his again and blew into his mouth.

I listened again for a heartbeat, praying it had worked, but there was nothing.

"Somebody help me!" I shouted as loud as I could. My voice was strained and desperate, and I fell to lay on his chest, to hold him close just one more time. I prayed his arms would wrap around me and that he'd be alright.

"Please, please, please, Han," I begged.

A woman on a run rushed over and called 9-1-1 as she took in the scene.

"Help him," I begged her. "Please I love him."

She looked down at me with a face of pity that I would never forget and shook her head, "I'm so sorry."

I choked out a sob. My chest tightened and my throat constricted making it impossible to breathe.

"Han, I love you, baby," I told him. I cupped his cheek as I rocked him back and forth in my lap. "Don't leave me. I love you. Please don't leave me. Han, I love you."
—————————————————————————