Hard Rockers

This chapter was meant to be out yesterday, but I caught one massive headache, and I just couldn't write all day. But here it is.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

Floyd left Lonesome Flats the next day but he promised Holly that he would keep in touch like he would with Dante and Forte. He spent the next few weeks in the wilderness. He would find an area where there wouldn't be any predators and camp out. But after a while, he missed being around other trolls but he mostly missed his brothers. One night, after gathering some berries for dinner, he started taking out his guitar and playing. He played a sweet soft melody to let out his sadness and pain. But he suddenly stopped when he heard another guitar playing. Without thinking, he followed the sound to see what was going on.

The guitar playing got louder the closer he followed the sound. Floyd pushed a few leafy plants out of the way and saw a different troll who was around Floyd's age, playing the guitar loudly. Floyd watches the troll play like he's never seen a troll play a guitar that way before. Floyd was fascinated by how the troll was playing, wild, fast, and loud. Suddenly, Floyd stepped on a twig and the troll turned in his direction. "Who's there?! Show yourself!" the troll shouted.

Floyd came out and the troll slowly lighted up. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to ruin your playing." Floyd apologized, "I'm Floyd."

"Names Barb. The princess of Rock." Barb introduced herself to Floyd. "And you're a Pop troll? I thought Pop trolls lived somewhere else."

"I'm just looking for myself. And a solo career. I'm not exactly a normal pop troll." Floyd answered.

Barb got closer to Floyd, scanning him head to toe. She then grabbed Floyd by the arm and dragged him towards her flier bug bike. She told him to get on and go with her to Volcano Rock City which was her home. Floyd wasn't sure about the flier bug ride but he figured that anywhere was better than staying out in the forest. So he hopped on the back of the flier bug and then they took off fast. The two trolls arrived in the home of the Hard Rock trolls. Everyone was rocking out, making a mess, and having fun. Barb took Floyd to her father, King Thrash who seemed surprised to see a pop troll here in Volcano Rock City.

King Thrash asked Floyd why he was here. Floyd told King Thrash and Barb about the bergens who eat trolls, how he left the troll tree along with his baby brother, and how he was lonely with no family. "So let me get this straight, these bergens think they'll only be happy if they're eating a troll. That's just sick!" Barb shouted in disgust.

"It's true. I lost my parents to bergens. And when I went back for my baby brother, everything was gone and the tree was dead. I have no one." Floyd spoke.

King Thrash put his hand on Floyd's shoulder, "Floyd, was it? You are more than welcome to stay here with us Rock Trolls." He said.

"Really? Thank you King Thrash."

"But we're giving you a new look." Barb stated, "If you're gonna be a rocker troll then you gotta look the part."

She then eyed Floyd's guitar case and asked if he knew how to play. He took it out and started playing a few chords. "Impressed?" He asked.

"Not bad, Floy Boy. You might just fit in just fine." Barb stated.