A History Lesson

Biggie was being chased by Debbie, Barb's pet bat creature. The bat chased Biggie around the village, freaking out other trolls too. Poppy jumped to the rescue by using her hair to grab the bat and hold onto it. But she freaked out seeing the bat squirming around in her hair. Branch tackled the bat out of Poppy's hair and started to calm down the bat. Once the bat was calm, trolls gathered around to get a closer look at it. Poppy wasn't focused on the creature, she was more focused on what the creature dropped. She picked up the piece of paper and saw that it was an invitation.

"Oh, don't worry, everyone. It looks like it's just an invitation." Poppy addressed the trolls.

The trolls relaxed hearing that it was just an invitation. Poppy started to read the invitation out loud for everyone including her dad to hear. "Barb, the Queen of Rock, announces her One Nation Under Rock World Tour. Bring your string to the biggest party the world has ever seen..."

Poppy was confused by what the invitation meant by bringing your string and Queen of Rock. Before she could question the invitation, Peppy snatched the invitation from Poppy and started freaking out. He tried chewing the paper up into tiny pieces until Branch calmed him down. Poppy asked her father what was going on. He claimed that he was only trying to protect Poppy from what he was about to explain. Poppy assured her father that she was now the queen and she could handle whatever her father had to say. Peppy then told Poppy and the other pop trolls that they were not alone om this world, for there are other kinds of trolls.

Poppy took what Peppy was saying the wrong way, thinking that these other trolls weren't so different from them. But Peppy told Poppy that the trolls he was talking about are far more different then them. "They're different in ways you can't even imagine. You see, we love music with a hummable hook, with an upbeat melody, with a catchy rhythm that makes you want to snap your fingers, tap your toes and wiggle your butt. That's our music. That's what makes us Pop Trolls." Peppy explained, "But these other Trolls, they sing differently. They dance differently. Why, some of them can't even begin to grasp the concept of Hammer Time!"

Every troll started to freak out and panic upon hearing that. Peppy had to step in and get everyone to calm down. Peppy decided to break down the news in a smaller group to cause less of a panic. Peppy took Poppy, Branch, and the Snack Pack to a waterfall, and then he pulled out a scrapbook with the whole story. In the beginning, there was silence until one of the elder trolls made a sound. The sound so inspired the ancestors , they took six strings. And those six strings had the power to control all music. They could play anything, techno, funk, classical, country, hard rock, and pop. And every kind of music in between. It was one big party!

But over time, Trolls became intolerant of each other's music. They fought over what kind of music should be played and it became a disaster. Finally, the elders came up with one solution, each ruler would take a string and go their separate ways with their tribe. And the trolls have lived in isolation ever since. Peppy then pulled out his map which had the locations of the other tribes. "Now Barb's announcement makes sense. She wants to reunite the strings so the Troll World can be one big party again!" Poppy exclaimed.

"Wait, that's all you heard? One big party?" Branch asked Poppy.

"Yeah! It's when all the Trolls lived in harmony. And what's more important than living in harmony?" Poppy asked.

"Well, I heard fighting. The strings together lead to fighting." Branch stated.

"Exactly, Branch. That's why we need to keep our string safe." Peppy stated.

Peppy then had the waterfall separate to reveal the Pop String. With just a touch of his finger, the string played a beautiful sound rings out and lightly showers the surrounding Trolls with pink glitter. It was beautiful and powerful in the wrong hands. Peppy stated that he had a plan for when anything like this would happen. Which was just to run and hide from the other tribes. "You're assuming the worst about someone you haven't even met!" Poppy shouted at her father.

"You're not listening to me."

"You're not listening to me!"

"I'm your father!"

"And I'm the queen!"

"Uh, father trumps queen. Now, there's no time to debate this. Let's go. Come along, Branch."

Peppy left with Branch who gave Poppy a face that said 'I'm sorry.' Poppy was upset that her father expected her to just run and hide like they've always done. But she had a plan.