Chapter 14:

After about a week, Thomas was feeling much better. He still had stitches though, so had to be extremely careful not to tear them. Ian, Thomas, and Aidan were packing up to leave.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Thomas asked as he sat on Aidan's bed and watched him pack some things.

"Yeah, I mean my life is not returning back to normal. But now I remember why my grandfather taught me."

"About?"

"How to make clean kills, he taught me at a young age. The only clean kill I had was the arrow to the forehead, the other guy was not so clean. Though I was using arrows. Maybe I should revert back to using darts and knives," Aidan said. Thomas looked over and frowned slightly.

"I know I said you would be a skilled assassin, but do you not feel anything now that you killed two people? Even if it was to save me?"

"Honestly, my grandfather made sure to drill in my head that emotions were not necessary. I can see why now, if I remained calm I probably would have been able to access the situation better. But they were trying to hurt you guys, so no, I do not."

"What was your grandfather an assassin?"

"Yeah, that's exactly what he was."

"Wait, I thought you didn't know..." Thomas asked, confused, so Aidan took out a letter that he found in the safe. He handed it to Thomas, and Thomas began to read its contents.

"Wait, your grandfather is Clyde Johnson?!" Thomas yelled. It was so loud that Ian came running in to see the commotion.

"What is going on?" Ian asked, staring at Aidan and Thomas confused and Thomas looked at Ian in disbelief.

"Well if he was the world's best assassin, I guess you would know of him," Aidan said, rubbing his neck.

"Who?"

"Aidan's father is none other than Clyde Johnson, the most notorious assassin in the world before he died."

"Wait, you mean Clyde Johnson? You mean the Crimson Streak aka Phantom Flow, depending on who was talking about him?" Ian asked before turning to look at Aidan when Thomas nodded.

"Clyde Johnson is my grandfather, and I just found out he was an assassin a week ago when I went roaming through his stuff. Before he died he gave me this key to unlock the safe. He left me his ring, and a bunch of money as well."

"You have been training under your grandfather for how long?" Thomas asked and Aidan shrugged his shoulders.

"Since I was ten. I just didn't understand why I needed to learn how to hack, kill and defend myself at that age. But after what happened last week, everything makes sense now. Completely," Aidan said. He finished packing and sat on the bed looking at the ceiling.

"Really?"

"Yeah, but then again he always said that he and I lived a different life than other people. That's why my parents didn't want me and gave him custody of me. After he died when I was fourteen I was able to live on my own because of the money he left behind. Money that he kept in an actual bank account, that didn't include what was in the envelope he left me all these years."

"Damn, talk about a literal prodigy that got everything," Ian said.

"Can we not talk about me? Are you guys done packing? I need to know when we are leaving so I can set the alarms here?"

"Yepp, give me your suitcase. I and Thomas will meet you outside of the electric fence." Ian grabbed Aidan's suitcase and Thomas got up. They left and Aidan began to set all of the alarms before leaving to the front. Once he was in the car he opened his laptop and activated all of the traps so that if anyone trespassed they would have a hard time getting out.