Chapter 26:

Aidan had left the cafe and now we're just walking around like normal teenagers do. It felt nice to be semi-normal since life was never normal for Aidan even before he joined the Royal Bastions. Daiichi didn't care about the life he lived or how smart he was. Daiichi didn't expect too much out of Aidan in that sense.

"So, besides that random dude who kissed you, have you ever dated?"

"What?"

"You heard me, have you dated?"

"No, never. Never really saw the point in it before. You?"

"Yeah, a girl here, a guy there. Nothing Too serious worked out. I am surprised you never dated though, since you said you were popular with girls, and it seems like with the guys too..."

"Nope, when in school I was a longer, besides Orlando. We were only together because he didn't have many friends and I didn't have any and he needed help like I said before."

"So you are charming and really smart, yet you don't want to date?"

"Pretty much," Aidan shrugged his shoulders.

"Not even to settle down in the future?"

"Maybe in the far future, not something I ever thought about if I am being honest with you."

"That is something you will have to think about eventually."

"Keyword there Daiichi, eventually. Not now..."

Daiichi rolled his eyes and nudged Aidan slightly, smiling.

"Anyway, with my line of work now, I don't want the ones I care about to get hurt."

"So you do care about me..." Daiichi had a smug smile, and Aidan narrowed his eyes slightly.

"When did I say that?"

"Earlier you said you didn't want me getting hurt or involved, and just now you said you don't want the ones you care about to get hurt. Therefore, you care about me."

"You are so... ugh. I hate you."

"You know the more you say that, the more I am gonna assume that you don't really hate me, you actually love me."

"Love is a strong word, I just..."

"You just..." Daiichi was being a smartass now trying to get Aidan to admit it, and Aidan knew what he was doing.

"Shut up," Aidan said, shoving him, Daiichi laughed.

"Fine, I won't make you say it now, but you will eventually."

They both fell quiet, and Aidan looked at the sky. For some reason, Aidan wanted to open up more to Daiichi. He glanced over at Daiichi, before looking away.

"Don't get a big head or anything..." Aidan started and Daiichi stared at him confused.

"What do you mean?"

"You... are my first friend that's my age. That didn't just want to be my friend because I am smart."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I mean Thomas and Ian, they are 18, so not much older. But because I was always a couple of grades ahead of my actual classmates, I never got to hang out with people in the same grade as me."

"Well, I am glad to be the first then. When you aren't doing what you do, we can always hang out. Of course, you may be busier than me once you get into university. But I am always available," Daiichi said. Aidan looked at Daiichi and for the second time that day, he smiled. Daiichi smiled back before he looked at the sky and let out a sigh.