The Boy Who Lived

A man appeared in Privet Drive. He was tall, thin and very old. This man's name was Albus Dumbledore. He was being watched by a cat. For some reason the sight of the cat seemed to amuse him. He chuckled and muttered " I should have known". He took out what seemed to be a silver cigarette lighter. He flicked it open, held it up and clicked it. The nearest Street lamp went out with a little pop.

" Wow I want one" screamed James and Sirius. Remus shook his head disapprovingly. " No Merlin knows what trouble would you cause if you actually get it" said Eupemia Potter. "Don't worry Mrs Potter they won't get it" Ron held up the same silver lighter with a smug look. While James and Sirius are already planning how to steal it from him.

" Fancy seeing you here, Professor McGonagall"

"Minnie" screamed the marauders. " Boys how many times I have told you not to call me that" " Many times" The professor just gave them a stern look. " Sorry.................. Minnie"

" How did you know it was me?" She asked.
"My dear Professor, I have never seen a cat sit so stiffly"
" Very well...I wanted to know that is it true. Are the rumours that are flying around true?"

It was plain that whatever everyone was saying she was not going to believe it until Dumbledore told her it was true.

"What rumours " " How would I know Mr Black it's in the future"

" What they're saying is that last night Voldemort turned up in Godric's Hollow. He went to find the Potters. The rumour is that Lily and James Potter are - are - that they are - dead"

" Nooooo" screamed their friends and family. Sirius was clinging to James as he would disappear, the Potters had tears in their eyes thinking about their son and future daughter in law's death while Lily herself was in tears. James after recovering from his shocked state tried to comfort everyone telling that they now have a chance to change it. The marauders now fully determined to change their fates.

Dumbledore bowed his head. Professor McGonagall gasped.
"Lily and James..... I can't believe it.....I didn't want to believe it....Oh Albus...."

"Awww Minnie I knew you love me" said James while Professor McGonagall looked anywhere but at him hidding her smile.

Professor McGonagall's voice trembled as she went on.
"That's not all. They're saying he tried to kill the Potters' son, Harry."

Lily immediately went and hugged her son. James following her. " Mom, Dad I am fine" James got overwhelmed hearing dad from his little prongslet.

" But he couldn't. He couldn't kill that little boy. No one knows why, or how, but they're saying that when he couldn't kill Harry Potter Voldemort's power somehow broke and that's why he's gone"

"Whatttttt" " How did you survived" "uhm..it's explained in the movies"

" It's true...after all he's done....all the people he's killed....he couldn't kill a little boy? How???"

" We can only guess but we may never know"

" Hagrid is late."
"I don't suppose you are going to tell me why you are here, of all places?"
" I have come to bring Harry to his aunt and uncle. They are the only family he has left now"

" Wait where are we" " Yes where are moony and Padfoot" The golden trio avoided eye contact.

"You think its wise - to trust Hagrid with something as important as this?"

"I would trust Hagrid with my life "

Hagrid blushed hearing this.

A low rumbling sound had broken the silence around them. A huge motorbike fell out of the air and landed on the road in front of them.

" I want one"exclaimed Sirius and James " No" screamed Mia and Remus " but moony" " no" "but-but" " prongs Padfoot if you don't shut up I am grounding you both" both the boys pouted.

" Hagrid....at last and where did you get that motorbike?"
" Borrowed it Professor....young Sirius Black lent it me. I have got him, sir"

"Yessssss" Sirius and James looked happy but Remus McGonagall and Mia looked horrified. While the future generations' people laughed thinking how would they react when they see the things Theo and Mattheo had done.

"He fell asleep as we was flyin' over Bristol"
Dumbledore and Professor McGonagall bent forward over the bundle of blankets. Inside just visible was a baby boy fast asleep. Under a tuft of jet black hair over his forehead they could see a curiously shaped cut, like a bolt of lightning.

"Awww little prongslet is soooooo cute" all the adult people cued over the baby while Harry sat their embarassed a little.

He laid Harry gently on the doorstep, took a letter out of his cloak, tucked it inside Harry's blanket and said " Good luck ...... Harry Potter"
And they left from there.

"You left my son /godson/ grandson/ a baby on the doorstep" " how could you" " I am extremely sorry for my future self action"

Harry Potter rolled over inside his blankets without waking up, he slept on, not knowing he was special, not knowing he was famous, not knowing that at this very moment people meeting in secret all over the country were holding up their glasses and saying in hushed voices : " To Harry Potter - the boy who lived"

" I hated that title" all gave him confused looks while the future generation gave him a sympathetic one.