CHAPTER 3- NATALIE

I storm into Doctor Vance's room

" I am just a nurse and I don't know much in detail to your level! You are experienced and well respected in this field and extremely talented. PLEASE tell me there's hope for her! PLEASE I beg you. Just once tell me there's hope for her!" I said, my voice cracking in between but I stayed strong. I can't break! My sister needs me!

There has to be! I just can't meet her like this after ten years! What did I not do to find her? This is not how I imagined finding her. This is not how we could end!

" Natalie, you need to calm down, I get that she is your sister but you are also a working employee here-" He said but that was not what I wanted to hear

" Tell me, just tell me. Is there even the tiniest of hope? That's all I am asking. Just a little hope." I said, my whole life breaking down. All I ever did was search for Mary my whole life. Work in the medical field so that I can contribute to saving people. This can't be our story's end. Mary was happy, married to a rich, happy loving family, her child on the way....Oh god! Her child. My nephew. I have to find him.

" Carson, take a deep breath. Go to your room and calm down. Eat something. I know this is equally hard for you but you need to be strong. If she's given proper treatment then maybe there might be a chance for hope. But that's all a miracle. You've been working in this field. You know the roles. Know your role. That's all I can say" his words were shaped but that's what made him one of the best surgeons in the country. His words stab like thousands of pins and needles but they also lift you easier than helium can ever lift a balloon.

" A family, a doctor, or a patient. Know your role " I repeated his famous quote. Choose one because you can never be all three.

But this time, I choose to be a human. I get out of his office and follow his order, not entirely but I do go straight to my room and open my laptop and start searching about the Wilds. Who they are, when they got married, all kinds of articles about them, their social media. Everything.

And that's exactly what I did for the next four days. I took leave from the hospital. My mind wasn't in a state to be responsible for any human's life, yet a critical human who came to the hospital with the need to be saved. But saving other humans wasn't on my to-do list. I was fuming with anger, and all I saw was red when I read the news article about Mary's attack and got hold of the video which showed her attack. My whole body shook with anger and resentment and I wanted vengeance. The person who did this to my sister will pray and beg for mercy because I am going to destroy them and go after each and everything they'd ever cherish and not stop until they'd offer their life to be slaughtered instead. Four days didn't give me much information to find her killer but it gave me enough to start with one. A commenter on one of the articles caught my eye.

' Someone really must hate them for having kids, isn't this the third time the woman is killed just before the baby is born in their family? Violet Sanchez, Nathan Wilde and now Mason wild.'

I contacted the person  who'd commented it and she agreed to meet me in a local coffee shop. There are high chances of them being false, or this person being fake or I might just die or get trafficked but the chance to find out is better than the desperation of hope. But I did a search on the name Violet Sanchez to know there might be a certain truth to it. And there was. Violet Sanchez was wife to late hockey star William Sanchez- Oliver Wild's best friend, family. She died shortly after giving birth to her now late twins due to blood clotting caused by injecting her the wrong type of blood. Her Twins and William Sanchez both had passed away 8 years later in the hand of a famous serial Killer Esther Monique. Tragic end to the family. 

I also got to know the Third son of Oliver and Melissa Wild- Mary's parents in law, Luke Wild went missing a few weeks after they died. I saw many of their old pictures on social media, with Mary, Luke, Mason together.