CHAPTER 16-NATHAN

" Woah ... .You sure that is Mary's sister? She's. ...fierce" Luke said, a strange smile on his lips yet his eyes were really calculating.

Ms. Carson just got out and god knows going where. I get out of the car as well and run after her.

"Ms. Carson, wait! What was that all about? After telling me to calm down and control my anger? What happened?" I asked her, holding her arms and pulling her towards me. She held her face low, looking at shoes, her face all red in anger. I lifted my other arm to her chin and tilt it slightly up, until her eyes fell over mine

"Mr. Wild, no offence but your youngest brother is gonna get beaten up by me one day. He gets on my nerves way better than you can even try. He's a pro" she says, trying to divert the question. I softly shook my head.

"Please..no one can break my record on getting under your skin. Now tell me what was that outburst really about" I ask her, pulling her slightly more closer towards me until there was barely any space left. She frowned and closed her eyes, taking a deep breath. I know Luke said lots of terrible things but I can't fathom what exactly got her so worked out.

"Mary...she's never gonna wake up or see her son ...right? I want to believe that Luke is just being cruel but.. there's a reality. I just want her son safe in my arms before her body gives up..so that at least she knows he is safe with me...us before she can rest. That asshole, no offence, knows where our nephew is yet he chooses not to tell us. What if he is the enemy? What if our nephew gets hurt too badly before we get him? What if terrible things happened to him? What if Mary dies before we find him?" She whispered in a broken voice, unable to look at me. I couldn't bear hearing her defeated voice. It was breaking my heart. Such a strong woman and her broken voice is something I couldn't accept. I erase the remaining distance between us as I grab her head and hold it firmly against my heart, embracing her and promising her as I glare over Luke's car.

"I promise you we will have our nephew in our arms soon. Real soon".

.........

"So what exactly are we doing here?" I ask her as we hide behind the cars and dumpster. I was wearing a suit for God's sake and hiding behind a dumpster.

"That girl, Hailey. Given the name I bet the small girl bailey was her younger sister. She knew your name. Like she didn't recognize your face but knew your name and she has to be in high school. You get it?" Ms. Carson said but I didn't understand. I initially thought we were going to investigate and talk to Hailey, like we did to Zach but Ms. Carson held me back and now we are hiding behind a dumpster.

She gave me a look of defeat and shook her head as she looked over the diner again, spying on the girl," I sometimes wonder how you became a millionaire and then sometimes I remember you lived a very extremely sheltered glass bubble life.

You are a business personality and like rich rich. People interested in you as in for popularity, fame or business or as fans would know your face. Teenage girls from across the country, poor will have no interest in your business. If they knew you, girls this age would only know faces.. you know.. handsomeness and teenage hormones. No one bothers to know the name before the face. Hailey knew your name before your face. That means she knew you from talks and hearing...not that she actually looked up to you." She said but I still didn't get her.

" She knows Luke, Luke must have told her. It's that easy. I am Luke's brother after all. We must go in and talk to her "I told her to which she shook her head.

" Luke is very possessive of Zach. And he dropped Zach to Hailey's for protection. Means he trusts Hailey and vice versa. If a barely 10 year old Zach wouldn't give us a thing, that teenager then definitely wouldn't tell us a thing either and we'd probably lose any chance we have" She said and suddenly her words made sense to me. Impressed, I patted her head,