CHAPTER 5- NATALIE

I must have been possessed to have asked him that even before properly planning or searching through. For all I know he could be having a serious girlfriend, plus my plan wasn't even solid. But seeing his face falling red and the priceless reaction was all worth it.

He jerked his head back in shock and confusion as his hazel eyes widened and his mouth fell open. With the near distance I could spot a few freckles on his nose. His eyes complimented his Blond hair and even though he is sitting on a chair, his 6 ft profile towered over me. The Wild's definitely got lucky in the looks department.

" Never mind. Just forget what I said. " I told him while bandaging his hand.

" I am really starting to wonder about your sanity. For all I know you could be a serial killer disguised as a nurse." he said, carefully analyzing me. It was as if I could feel his gaze drilled into me.

" Well then you should be even more careful about trying not to piss me off" I told him as I finished wrapping the bandage. I took a few seconds to analyze his hands, his knuckle. This one boxes or fights. The rough end of his knuckles were the proof.

" You are done. Next time try to not touch me without my permission and if even after calling several times a person doesn't react, It's called ignoring Mr. Wild. Take a damn hint" I said, squeezing his hand where I bit and he winced, just a bit.

I already disliked this person. He was too proud, and for someone calling me heartless, he sure expressed anything but anger. He was so full of himself.

" If you are planning on any cheap tricks to get married to me and get money, forget any such thought Ms. Carson. I am not a person to be messed with!" he warned and there was something in the warning that made me consider him not an easy target. There was no way I could confirm or ask anything from him. But there was one thing we had common- our wish to protect and cure Mary.

" Mr. Wild. I'd apologize but I don't see a need to waste one on you but you are not my type. You can rest assured I will not marry you " I levelled my eyes to him and told him. There was something about Nathan Wild that screamed danger. His aura? His mien? His words? I was set to figure that out.

I leave him in the room, without even listening to what he initially stopped me for. I didn't bite him purposefully, it was just self defense. I got distracted after leaving Mary's room. I couldn't dare look at her. That was the girl and body I raised my whole teenage life. I have no idea how I will take care of her 24/7 when I can't even look at her. I laugh at life's irony. I am scared of taking care of the girl I've raised for half my life.

But I know that I've come so far that I can't fall weak. I need to take care of my sister and also find my nephew. I saw her stats every morning, noon and night. She wasn't improving but she also wasn't declining. She is fighting with everything in her to stay alive. And that's all pushing me to find my nephew and make sure whatever and whoever is after my sister's life is gone for good.

I opened my phone when I heard it vibrate. It was a mail from the Lea storm. There was an attachment to the mail and my message.

The hospital where Violet Sanchez had died is Curton care and speciality hospital.

No way! It is this hospital! This is a huge chance for me to find her records. But there's no way I can get permission to access them. Maybe I can ask Doctor Hayden for a favor. I head to Doctor Hayden, a gynaecologist, She is one of the few doctors fond of me. Not that everyone hates me. It's just that I am hard to be friends with. All my life all I ever did was study, earn and try to survive. I had no time, energy or situation to make friends. It's sad to think that all my 33 years of life I've made no friends. I don't remember the last time I laughed. The last time I smiled was when I was 17 years old and Mary was 13 and she mistook vinegar for water and drank it.