CHAPTER 8- NATHAN

We sat quietly in the car, stuck in the traffic. Massachusetts and Connecticut traffic is the worst. If not in the busy hours then definitely during the rain. Especially if there's an accident. Which was all right now.

Ms. Carson fiddled with her hands while looking out of the window. They hadn't noticed me but I sat on the table right beside them. I heard their whole conversation. Eavesdropping isn't something I liked but I had no option left. I had to know what Ms. Carson had to do with Lucy.

I got enough to know what we know about Ms. Carson isn't all true. And that someone is behind my family. Bella and Tommy getting Kidnapped and dying. Pappa Williams dying with them. Mama Violet dying of medical malpractice. Luke running away. Mary's murder attempt. And Miss Carson did ask me about Aurora.....She just met us less than a week ago. How does she know about Aurora and how did she get in contact with Lucy?

" Can you please stop tapping on the steering wheel? It's annoying me!" She snapped out of blue, making me scowl. This woman! I will never understand her.

" My car! my choice! I'll do whatever I wish-for god dammit Ms. Carson really?" I say to her but immediately locks the doors when she aims for her purse to get out of the car.

"Let me out then, I can go back from here. I don't need any favors from you, You can do whatever you want in YOUR car." she angrily snaps while glaring at me.

"We've been stuck in traffic for the past one hour, it's raining hard, it's a highway, where in the world will you get a cab here? At this time" I say her but the women's more stubborn than I give her credit for.

"Let me out, I'll walk!" She says while taking off her seat belt and bending over me to unlock the door.. At the age of 31 and 33 at almost midnight on a highway amidst heavy rain we wrestled to keep the door locked and unlocked. And somehow we end up grabbing each other's hair and demanding an apology to let go....

"Ms. Carson, I am giving you a chance to let go. I do not wish to cause you any harm. We are not children, we can solve this situation with a civil talk." I tried reasoning with her but that only made her grab my hair with more force, making me flinch.

The fight went on for a few more seconds until I was forced to withdraw to drive. But she still held on to my hair. She wasn't gonna give up, was she?

" You know Ms. Carson, I know you are obsessed with me but don't you think still holding on to my hair to get the feels is too much?" I said and as soon as I said that she let go and wiped her hand, while scowling at me with disgust.

Maybe she is easy to understand. You just have to know her a little bit.

" Me obsessed? I think it's you Mr. Wild. You are  the one clearly stalking me. What the hell were you thinking following me!" She angrily says. I should have denied but we both know there's no point in denying.

" Let's cut the nonsense. We are stuck here for at least another hour. I have questions Ms. Carson, as to why you were there meeting with Lucy and how did you even find her? And how do you know about Aurora? You need to start speaking up. I'm trying to call a truce to whatever our childish banters are. I am ready to put our differences aside for my family. I am serious" I say. Honestly meaning it. And at that moment all her eyes showed was vulnerability and guarded walls. She didn't trust people and I am sure there must be a reason.

She shook her head," You wouldn't, you are not a type of person to trust just anyone, especially given what my image has been" she said, going quiet and looking out of the window. I stare into her reflection from the window and our eyes connect through her reflection.

" Why don't you try giving it a chance, maybe you are worth trusting on." I say to her but she subtly shakes her head." Even if I don't trust you, I am ready to trust the admiration Mary had for you-"