CHAPTER 15-NATALIE

I stare back and forth between the two brothers. I sure as hell was invisible since the ice ring arena but these revelations are something else. Luke adopted two kids and named them after the Sanchez Twin's middle names. This makes me question everything. Why would he risk adopting kids if he is up to something dangerous.

"Not until I get answers to my questions " Mr. Wild barked. Both the brothers were high on temper.

"Okay.. why don't we all calm down and talk like real adults here? Mr. Wild, Why don't you calm down a bit" I gave him a look and then looked at Luke.

" Lucy is still in contact with you. Don't deny it, you recognize me at the station and unless you are deeply interested in Mary's long lost sister that even she couldn't find I don't think you could have known about me ..until I met Lucy and obviously she mentioned about me to you. Lucy searched about the same things and I am trying to find them now. But she found out about everything years back. Now I don't think Lucy would be that very personally interested in your family matters, unless it was to publish but seeing how nothing about it is anywhere.. I can't help but think that she is your alibi. After all, she was your best friend back in High school.

She is working with you with whatever is happening. And that you are keeping an eye on your family from a place no one would fathom you at. Seattle is the last place anyone would imagine Luke Wild to be at.

Now Luke, I got enough information about why these things are happening. Violet Sanchez, the twins, Aurora and now Mary. You can't hide everything and you can't protect everyone. Just stop wasting time and tell us who is doing this to your family? How many more will have to die for you to reveal the name. I know you know who is doing this! You must have left everything 10 years ago for a reason.

Luke...you might not want to burden your parents given this person might be close to them but...you can still have Mr. Wild and Mason. They both lost Aurora and Mary and their kids. They've got the right to know why it's happening to them. You know you have no right to keep it away from them. And even if you won't tell us, we will eventually find out the hard way...you can tell us the easy way. It's your choice now" I say to him, half bluffing and half on nerve, hoping he'd give in.

Luke kept looking at me with a strange stern expression, like he was analyzing me or reading my mind, trying to figure out something but then a smile broke on his face and he started chuckling, his face full on amusement- mock.

"You just reminded me of a person I know....she'd also bluff with confidence. Natalie Carson. You don't know a damn thing." He said in such a way that I couldn't figure out whether I cracked him or  he just became more cold or he just taunted and insulted me.

" How about this? Lets play 10 questions. You get to ask me 10 ques-" I say to him but he beats me.

" I swear even a kindergartener knows what a 20 question game is. But why do you think I need to ask you or him anything? For all you know I could know everything about you too" he said with a sarcastic tone with a smirk plastering his face. He sure was the most good looking brother among all but to hell he lacks everything in personality.

" So you wouldn't want to know whether Mason had a daughter or son?" I asked him, to which he scoffed like I said a sour old joke.

"Son. It's gonna take some time before I can get him back. If your nephew is all you are worried about, I can assure you that he is alive and healthy. But it's gonna take some time for me to get him back, Natalie. Trust me, it's not that you don't want to know, it's that you can't know and what you know isn't the truth. You will be dead the moment you figure out even one of the things. That's the reason why Aurora is gone and Mary's gonna die. It doesn't matter how long you medicate her. They won't let her wake up. She is as good as dead even if she wasn't in a coma. You guys gotta go back and tell Mason. They will be looking for an opening to sneak into the house and kill her.

What is it exactly that you are working so hard for Natalie? Do you really want to save your nephew or just want some kind of redemption so that you can earn Mary's Forgiveness for all those years you abandoned her for? You and I both know for damn sure that Mary isn't gonna make it. We both know she has died long back and those machines are just keeping her body warm. There's no life-" He said as he looked ahead, gritting his jaws in anger but I couldn't bear to hear a single word more, his words hit hard and I couldn't find any reason why Mr. Wild wouldn't stop his brother from spitting those acidic words, I no longer being able to hear those words as I raised my hand and slaps him hard across his face. My heart stopped beating for a second, or maybe jumped to my throat. Doesn't matter. What Luke said isn't true!

"No! You are lying! Mary can't. ..no. You are lying!" I whispered, unable to trust my voice. Luke gave a sympathetic look, ignoring his red cheeks. He wasn't startled or angry, just gave a sympathetic face.

"I am sorry but I can't do anything. ...not until a few more months. ..just a few more.. dammit. Nathan.. I know you don't trust me and I deserve it. But believe me...my hands are really tied. It's either.....damn.. I can't say it, it will cost you your life. Trust me when I say I was gonna return back after a few months...that was always the target time ... ... ..no matter I won or lost.. but I really can't save you all. ..doesn't matter I tell the truth or not.. you guys are only safe until you don't find it." He said in such despair I almost believed him. He looked so different from Luke who just spat those poisonous words, I couldn't believe he was the same person.

" Then just tell us. It's our right , we will handle the consequences of knowing it-"Mr. Wild said but Luke shook his head.

"Why do you think I am here Nate? 18! I was 18 and ran away and struggled every single day! There hasn't been a day when I didn't want to run back home and just cry my heart out on mom's lap.. but no Nate...I was given a choice. Either stay and let everyone die or run and save as many as possible. I can't come home or tell you guys anything until a few more months. Don't make it any harder for me ...I've already sacrificed so much.. Don't let it go in vain. Just go back. As long as you don't find the truth...Mary's gonna be the last innocent life gone. You guys need to go back" he said, almost pleading. But I've seen enough to know when someone's trying hard and Luke Wild isn't trying to be desperate but rather just concealing the truth by playing the pitiful younger brother who sacrificed his life for family and should be trusted.

I could see Mr. Wild almost caved in. There is no way I am getting out of Seattle without any answers when I know the man in front of me holds each and every answer including the name of the person who destroyed my sister's life. I was done playing nice with Luke Wild.

"You know what Luke Wild.. I believe you when you say you have sacrificed and suffered ...maybe, but I don't for once believe that you are protecting Mr. Wild's family because if you had then we wouldn't be here, having this conversation. Mary wasn't someone who just came into Mason's life. She was with you people way before You ran away. She was equally part of the family, if not even more of a family than you! And like you said she is as good as dead, brain dead. Mason and Mary's son is god knows where-wait...actually you do happen to know where yet you refuse to tell us where our nephew is! The first grandchild in the next generation! He should be loved, cared for, pampered and be living the most royal life he was entitled to yet none of his family who claims to be rich, powerful and strong has ever held him in his hand.

You are not protecting us, you are protecting this person who is doing this to Mr. Wild's family. You are no family of theirs.

You say Mary is as good as dead, and she will be killed, I promise you Luke Wild, I will have her hold her son in her arms and there will be nothing stopping me. You haven't seen my craze for my sister, now her son, my nephew. I will assure you I will find the truth and my nephew in way less time than it took me to find you and I assure you ...in your grand scheme of decades it just took me a few weeks to find you. And when I do find, you'd wish you had told us the truth personally. Luke Wild, I am not a person to be messed with, and definitely not a person whose family should be messed with and this is my sister and my nephew. I will be your worst nightmare ever if you hold me back. I swear in heavens and earth that I will hurt you." I snap at him in a very low threatening tone and leave the damn car unable to conceal my fury.

I didn't care if he didn't wanted to tell the truth or protect whoever that monster is, I alone am enough to find out everything and I will!