CHAPTER 4- NATHAN

" NO!" was my immediate response to Both Mason's and Doctor Vance's suggestion.

" But Nathan, who will take care of her more strongly than her? She's her sister, her blood!" Mason said strongly.

" Even if Mason isn't right, Natalie Carson IS one of the best nurses I have seen so far in my whole career. She is totally devoted to her work and I have not once seen her shaken up while taking care and aiding a patient. If life favored her with money and scholarship, she would have become a doctor, she would have been one of the best-" Doctor Vance said but all I saw was red.

" Doesn't matter! She might be the best nurse but she failed as her sister, and when her own sister can't take care of her I don't expect anything from that woman.

Four days! It's been four days Mary has been here lying asleep and not once did she come and check up on her! NOT ONCE in four days!" I snapped

" She must have her reasons. She has taken 5 days off , this is the first time she has taken leave, even when sick she worked hard. She was quite shaken up, its-"

" I don't trust that lady! She stays for less than five minutes upon recognizing her sister, asks a few questions and never comes back again? Do you see this Mason? She abandoned MARY! AGAIN!" I growled as the anger built in me upon remembering Mary's tears whenever she talked about how her sister abandoned her.

" Nathan! I am her husband and I will decide for her. No matter how much Dove might have felt abandoned, she would want her sister to take care of her. Doctor Vance, I want Nurse Carson" Mason said, announcing his final answer and playing the husband card, leaving no room for any kind of argument. I grind my jaws as I snap at him,

" Fine! Do whatever you want , I am out of here- "I say, trying not to break anything in the room, turn around only to find Natalie Carson standing at the door open, glaring at me, something in those glare made me freeze. It wasn't one of those glares where you'd throw a dagger at the person, it was like one of those where one is determined to destroy the person. Something in me said she was not a person to be messed with.

" You called for me Doctor Vance?" she asked while taking a few steps toward him but didn't take her eyes off me. I wasn't going to be intimidated by a mere nurse! I held her gaze while she walked towards Vance.

I knew both Vance and Mason could sense the tension in the air. Vance cleared his throat and she finally broke eye contact." Yes. You see, Mrs. Wild is going to be transferred to her house. The machines and everything will be arranged but we need a house nurse to take care of her all the time. Mr. Wild- Mason Wild suggested that you'd be best for the job since she also happens to be your sister. Even if it goes against the code."

" Well, even though according to someone I abandoned her, I am still her sister. Of course I will be glad to take care of her. I will fill out the forms. When will she be shifted?" she asked while studying her profile on paper.

" We will run a few tests on her today and will shift her by tomorrow morning" he said to which she nodded like she was calculating something.

" It's great timing. My 5 days leave will also be over. Hopefully my pay won't get affected by it. Is there anything else I need to know?" she asked so nonchalantly, it made me want to go violent and smash her face! she was making me lose my mind!

Her only sister she met after decades is on deathbed and all she is worried about is her paycheck!? Is this woman for real??

" No Carson, you may leave" Vance said but even he knew what she just did.

Did she do that on purpose? Add fuel to fire or is she really that cold hearted? It was me who was known to be ruthless and coldhearted but at the same time everyone knew that my heart only existed for my family and that I in fact did have a heart, but Natalie Carson? She doesn't have a heart! At all!

I looked at Mason with a are you serious?  Face. Mary deserves better. This can't be happening! I ran after Natalie Carson! Mary deserved better than a cold sister who is barely going to take care of a sister she abandoned because she was selfish! I called after Natalie Carson but she ignored me, making the only way to stop her, to grab her.

" I told you to sto-ouch!" I shrieked back as she bit me. Natalie Carson Bit me hard on my hand causing it to bleed! Yes! She bit me and didn't look apologetic at all!

" There was no need for you to touch me! It's all your fault, can't you take a hint when a women ignores you!?" she said immediately while eyeing my hand. Is this woman for real?

" You wouldn't stop and who the fuck bites people!? How old are you! 5? I can throw you in jail for the assault!" I snapped at her holding my hand in another, cradling it.

" Well then I can sue for harassment for touching me without my permission!" she snapped back. Tell me how is she a nurse once again?

" Anyways, come with me, it's gonna get infected, we need to disinfect it. Follow me" she said as she turned her back to me and started walking. How is she and Mary sisters? Mary was as delicate as a flower, binding the family together and Natalie Carson was anything but delicate.

My Brain told me to turn away and get it inspected by another nurse but my guts told me to follow her. " Have you always been like this? Emotionless? Heartless?" I asked her, hoping my question would rile her up.

" Yes. Anything else? If not, sit!" she said it so nonchalantly, made me wonder what could have happened for her to become this heartless.

" You didn't once spare a glance at Mary, not once asked about her condition, and the only thing you asked about was your paycheck! Are you for real?" I asked her as she started disinfecting the bite mark harshly.

I would have believed the tough answers she spat next if it weren't for the two second stillness and a pause in her breathing along with a gulp.

" I do what I need to do, and it isn't any of your damn business." she said while her eyes stayed on the bite, cleaning it.

This was the first time she was close to me and I could see her features. She was blond with almond shaped hazel eyes, sharp nose with full lips. She resembled Mary a lot. But how are they so different? One was full of heart and the other had none.

" Aurora, your college girlfriend. Did you know she was pregnant before she went missing?" Natalie asked all of a sudden which took me by great surprise.

I don't know what to be more shocked about, the fact that she knew my college girlfriend's name or the question she asked. I had answers to none.

" So you knew she was pregnant?" she asked again but this time she stopped whatever she was doing and kneeled down in front of me on one knee and looked straight into my eyes, sharply, searching for answers. Something in her aura screamed psychopath and she felt intimidating.. for a second.

" What nonsense are you spewing?" I asked her, offended , to which she nodded as if she was understanding something. I was thrown off by her question, but what she asked next threw me off the continent.

" If not, then marry me"

Thank for for reading yet another chapters. Your comments and votes would be really appreciated even if its just a word.