CHAPTER 11-NATALIE

I successfully avoided Mr. Wild for 5 weeks. It was something in that room and looking at that photo, made me realise how much Mr. Wild shouldn't be involved in all this mess. It's his family and his mess, but knowing facts on the internet and actually seeing that precious bond in the frame was a slap to reality, that I am dealing with something much more than who is after my sister and nephew. This thing...whatever is happening is going to open old wounds that took everyone hell of a time to heal. And I am not ready to give Mr. Wild or his family that kind of pain when they are dealing with the pain of losing the baby and potentially Mary.

Stalking Lucy Bale is not easy...at all. She is a journalist and I thought it would be hell easy to spy on her but she mostly works underground from what I gathered around. It is getting really hard to get information around. Hospital has no luck either. No news on the nurse or anything and I couldn't access any files, neither at hospital nor at the police station. So I called the only help I got , a person I could rely on despite not trying to...Lea storm.

I waited in the same cafe I met her for the first time. I look outside the cafe, to the park outside, seeing kids playing around, families laughing and talking....normal life. Envy hit me as I tried to suppress the hurt. It reminded me of the life i never had...the childhood or teenage i never got to live. I heard the chair scrap and move, indicating Lea came. I turned my head ahead to greet her but froze midway. Instead Of Lea, it was Nathan Wild sitting in front of me, glaring at me. What was he doing here?

" What are you doing here Mr.Wild?" I asked him but I knew why he was here. To talk to me. I made it pretty obvious that I was avoiding him pretty bad. Guess his ego can't take much ignoring.

" Oh, you talking to me now? I thought you had this stupid agenda of ignoring me" he said it full of sarcasm as he leaned towards me.

" You want me to deny it? Well I'm not gonna lie. " I said to him truthfully. He should take a hint if someone's ignoring or avoiding him.

" Well I KNOW you are avoiding me! I want to know why!? Ms. Carson you just can't barge in at night, tell me someones targeting my family and killing low status pregnant women and my god family's whole family was murder and it might be the same person now. It's a top serial killer! You can't just bomb drop such statements and then start avoiding me next! You can't do that! So tell me why are you avoiding me! Because I am not moving an inch without getting an answer and there is only so much patience I can give you" he said in a low threatening voice that sent shivers down my spine. His eyes held so much power that I just couldn't look away or move. He had that kind of control. I can now understand what the online comments meant when they said Nathan Wild was a ruthless business owner.

" Trust me..you will not like my answers..." I was barely able to say when he suddenly grabbed my chin in a tight grip that wasn't painful but firm. He slightly pulled me as he came closer, glaring right in my eyes, reducing the distance between us to inches so close that I could smell cinnamon and mint on him.

" Answer Natalie" he whispered in a dangerous tone that stayed in my ears. In that very moment the whole cafe and people around disappeared and it was just me and him, staring into each other.

" You'd get hurt...again..old wounds open..if we were to find something really bad and dark.... It's my gut feeling that whatever it is going to be really messy. You'd get hurt" I said to him, although I wondered if my voice was even audible. I kept looking in his eyes, refusing to break eye contact. He kept his and something changed in his eye. It wasn't just his eyes darkening but something else changed too, I just couldn't figure it out yet but in the moment everything felt like haze.

" Oh! I think I am interrupting...well interrupted...didn't knew you guys were dating but wow, congratulations-" A voice broke us apart and as if we burnt each other, we jumped away from each other on our seats.