Chapter 5- Alpha Jace Roe

Every sunrise the differing howls woke Faith. She hadn't slept past 5 am since she arrived. Faith thought of the scent from last night and shuddered. She wondered what had smelled so fantastic that it made her feel euphoric. Maybe the wolfie scent juju was rubbing off on her she thought.

Downstairs Jane was baking. She had various bowls in the sink and batches of baked goods in the oven and on cooling racks. CiCi and Carmen were sitting at the small kitchen island watching her bake.

"Faith, good morning cuz, how hot was Charlie's brother for you? Like he couldn't be more obvious. His mate sadly died, but that means he can take a chosen and there's no rules against a human being a chosen, we could be sisters oh my god."

CiCi barely came up for air. She was talking so fast Faith was struggling to keep up. She had to kill that narrative. She didn't want to be chosen by anyone and be sucked into this world. She was waiting. Waiting to return to her home.

"I'm not interested."

"Wow cuz badass, independent girl, go for it."

CiCi was sunshine. She was incapable of being negative or sad. Carmen was still displaying a cold exterior. Faith didn't eavesdrop last night but part of her wondered what Carmen's problem really was. There was a reason her family tried to so hard to protect her from her own actions, again not Faith's business.

"The alpha is coming Faith. This is a very important pack initiation visit. He will come and meet us all, vet us in person and read the rules and rights. We must cut our hands and squeeze a drop of our own blood for the pack. He has the right to deny us if this doesn't go smoothly."

There was a desperation in Jane's voice. Faith couldn't understand why. Her husband had been offered a lucrative position at the pack. They seemed secure in their position. Why was Jane so worried the pack initiation wouldn't go through. Was it Faith being a human that Jane worried would ruin their chances at a space in the pack.

"Okay I will try my best to impress the alpha. I hope he will accept me being human. If he does not I will not stand in the way of everyone else."

CiCi laughed.

"You're good cuz, mum is just worrying."

An hour later and everyone was sat on the sofas awaiting the alphas arrival. The house was clean and smelled of fresh baked goods which were all laid out perfectly on the table and kitchen counter top.

A knock on the door made everyone jump. As Murray walked towards the door Faith couldn't help but notice the smell from the other night building up in her nostrils. She closed her eyes and inhaled deeply. It was heaven. Warm and masculine, musky with scents of oak. It was strong and comforting all at once. She savoured it in fear of it evaporating like last night.

When Murray opened the door the scent washed over Faith with an edge of intensity. She was bathing in it. She closed her eyes and a moan escaped her lips.

When she opened her eyes a large man, no a monstrous size of a man was standing in front of her. He had huge forearms and massive hands that were rippled with veins. His neck was thick and his jaw was chiseled. His eyes were an icy icy blue and his hair was dark as night. Faith was becoming lightheaded. The scent that once smelled like heaven was overwhelming her, taking over her whole body. She was grasping to stay awake. Suddenly her eyes rolled back into her head and she let the scent engulf her, before she knocked out she felt the strongest pair of arms envelop her and she could have sworn the touch made her tingle. Then blackness consumed her.