Chaoter 14- New Bond

Faith Rivers- POV

I woke up feeling simply different. My body felt sore and tired but equally euphoric. I could feel the physical aches and pain as I moved however my mind was different. I could feel something, something unfamiliar mingled with my own subconscious. I focused on it, trying to make it clearer in my mind. I could feel satisfaction, power and love. I could recognise them and feel them but they didn't belong to me. It was so jarring, yet exciting. I sat up in bed, wondering how long I'd slept after the mating.

I saw Jace staring down at me from the bathroom door. He was taking up the entire doorframe, one arm grabbing on to the top of the frame with ease. His stomach was ripples and flexing from his raised arm. As I locked eyes with him my mind burst with feelings of desire and adoration. Again, they felt sincere but they didn't belong to me. He watched me scramble with my mind.

"What's wrong tiny mate."

"My head is like, I feel all these things, like other things, feelings."

"The bond." He smiled wide.

"The bond?"

He walked towards the bed and sat beside me. He was always so warm and smelt perfectly.

"I wasn't sure you would have it, being human, but mates can feel each others emotions when the bond is completed."

"It's your feelings?"

I felt butterflies in my stomach. He had been watching me with intense feelings of love all morning, and desire.I was still sitting smug when I realised it works both way.

"Oh my god can you feel my feeling?"

I flushed. God knows what I had been feeling for him this morning.

He leaned into me on the bed, our faces inches from one another.

"I felt the happiness when you woke, the pain you felt from the mating and then I smelt and felt the desire you felt when you saw me in the doorframe."

"You did?" I had gone shy, blushing at the thought of him in my head.

"I did Faith." Him using my name sent shivers down my spine, I clenched my legs at his words.

"Tiny mate, please, you're sore, the bond is fresh and you're tired, I can not do what you're thinking and I also can not stay sane when you're having those feelings."

He had clenched the bedsheets in his fist. This only spurred on my feelings on the situation.

"Faith." He groaned.

He flipped me over quickly and peppered kisses all over my face. I squealed.

"Jace."

He moved his hands down my body and let them rest on my hips. His light kisses turned heavy and I wrapped my arms around him. Just as his hands were travelling down my stomach a knock shook the room. I startled. It was strong and aggressive.

"Jace James Roe, get out her right now and introduce me to my sister in law?"

Her voice was shrill through the door. Jace removed his hands and sat up. He exhaled.

"I will have to let her in or she'll break down the doors."

I nodded. Getting up and putting on a robe I had hoped no other woman had ever used in this room. I took a deep breath. When I paused to think about what was happening I felt faint. My mother and father were still missing, probably dead, and I still yearned for them, however this situation has been a world wind. I couldn't stop to think about anything really or I would break apart.

Jace opened the door. A girl, around twenty was at the door. She was beautiful, dark hair and dark piecing violet eyes. She was wearing black jeans and a black leather jacket. Her hair was in a loose bun with strands of raven hair falling on either side of her face. Like Jace, she was striking and beautiful.

"Oh my god hi, you're gorgeous wow, I was worried when I heard human because you know, we are usually better looking and age better because of the wolfie genes but wow you're stunning stunning."

She spoke fast and high pitched, her hands painted her words before she spoke them. She was warm and kind and I could feel the love and protection Jace held for her. I almost felt the same for her oddly, and I hadn't even had a conversation with her.

"You're beautiful, wow, you and Jace got all the good genes."

"That's so sweet, you're so sweet."

She ran up and hugged me. Jace growled.

"Excuse me Jace, back off?"

"She's tired Farrah, she needs rest and you're the opposite of restful."

"I am not?" She spoke to her brother not like an alpha but simply an annoying older brother.

"Where's Chiara?"

"Busy, why?"

"Because maybe she will rescue us from you."

I could feel Jace's slight annoyance but it was overwhelmed by care. Farrah turned to me.

"Chiara is my mate, she's perfect, you'll meet her. Her and Jace do gang up on me but now I have you, and you've no choice but to be team Farrah."

"Okay what does that involve?"

"Drinking, partying, dancing, talking as much as we want and ignoring them when they tell us to stop."

I laughed, Farrah brought a lightness to the whole situation.

"Deal, you have me sold."

"I love her Jace, I just love her."

Jace laughed and guided her out of the room gently. She turned before he pushed her completely out the door.

"Come on a girls night, we need to initiate you into the pack, some cocktails, meet the girls."

I didn't look at Jace, as much as I felt so deeply attached to him now, I needed some separation from the seriousness of the bond and it's progression. It was overwhelming.

"Okay great."

"Yes, I'll come back for you at six!"

The door shut and Jace was standing in front of it. I could feel his frustration and anxiety.

"No way."

"Yes way."

"Faith, you're body needs rest."

"Jace I will not stay here like a perceiving doll. I could do with an hour out and some normal time with girls my age like what would normally happen."

"You're not normal, this life isn't normal."

"I know, let me hold on to some sense of normality."

I could feel his apprehension.

"One hour."

"I'm team Farrah remember, we do what we want for as long as we want."

"Is that so?" He asked as she flung me over his shoulder and towards the bed.