Chapter 11- Heat

Alpha Jace Roe- POV

The scent was undeniable. I jumped out of the bed and stood against the back wall. Sweat was beading on her forehead and she was flushed a light pink all over. She was in heat. When Ophelia had said she would heat soon I didn't believe her. Humans don't go into heat. I hadn't marked her, we had barely acknowledged the mate bond. This was impossible. Except it wasn't, the room was heavy with her scent and I mind linked her aunt before my wolf surfaced and took what he believed was rightfully his. I had to hurry and protect her. I didn't want to mate her before she was ready.

Jane. This is your alpha. Faith is here...in heat.

I'll be two minutes.

I took one tempting step towards her. The relief I would feel, and she would feel, if I mated her now. We would both become overwhelmingly relieved and I was sure to give her a release over and over again until the moon goddess rose the sun.

She would wake up soon after the fever broke and she would want me. I could not. Will not be present for that. She would beg me, plead with me to mate with her. But she would be in a trance like state. The hormones would be pushing her to ensure the mate. When she'd come through she would be disappointed I rushed her.

She rolled over and the covers exposed her ass. My boxer shorts had rolled up and her smooth creamy skin was on show. She moved again, obviously restless and what she moaned next had my wolf ripping my clothes and shifting. Oh fuck.

"Jace, please Jace."

My wolf took over. I shifted and he took the reins. He was pacing towards her, admiring how perfect our tiny mate was when two hands swept Faith up and ran towards the door. It was Jane. I fought my wolf harder than I ever had before. Begging him to think of our tiny human mate. She would feel violated. I gained back control and shifted, the scent becoming thinner in the air as Jane made her way back to the house with Faith. I took a huge deep breath. I was feral. I needed her. Every alpha, male, possessive bone in my body screamed at me. My body was in physical pain fighting it. Just to taunt me my wolf was playing her words over and over in my head.

"Jace, please Jace."

I mind-linked the doctor. I need a sedative, I need wolfsbane, I need a bullet to the head, in whatever order doc.

Alpha?

Bring sedatives now.

Okay alpha.

The doctor arrived panting. She had a silver box in her hand.

"Alpha what's wrong."

"Faith, she is in ...heat."

"Oh no, that's quick, just as Ophelia predicted."

"I will find her, my wolf will find her and we will mate her if I'm not sedated. I need to be sedated. She is human and she is still vulnerable."

"How did you scent her from so far away."

"Well."

"Alpha?"

"She was in my bed, in my clothes and I was well, I had her cuddled up to my chest."

"Alpha that is why separation was suggested, the closer you be the quicker the bond will move in order to complete the prophecy, the quicker it goes the more pressure on Faith's body."

I growled and punched the lamp on the nightstand. She would have been fine with CiCi at the party. Charlie was watching her. I just couldn't see her in that outfit with those males. I could have brought her home, I could have asked Jane to collect her. She didn't need to be in my bed in my clothes, I had been pig headed and blinded by my beautiful mate. I had royally fucked up and I couldn't even focus on that picturing my mate underneath me, begging for more of me.

"I'll give you a shot of silver, it will hurt like a bitch but it will mute your wolf for a few hours, if you're sure alpha."

"Now." I bit.

Getting her out of danger was priority, no pain towards me was too high a price. The doctor filled the syringe and felt for a vein in my arm. She administered the silver and my wolf screamed in pain. I rode it out, clutching the bed sheets and taking one last inhale of her heat off my sheets. I felt instantly tired and darkness found me soon after. Even in the depths of my unconsciousness I could hear her begging for me and my crotch twitched.