Chapter 7- The Sacred Bond

Alpha Jace Roe- POV

Jane stifled a laugh at Faith's admission. I would love to tell that I was not so randomly horny for her and that I would love to lift her up on this table and make sure she feels randomly satisfied too. But I had to slow way down. She was human, her body had taken a lot and she was on heavy pain meds now. Plus there was the fact Ophelia was talking about our mating bond like it was some old prophet that could be dangerous. That was not what an alpha wanted to hear.

Jane stood near Faith.

"Honey your medicine is very strong, take a seat."

"She will heat soon."

My head snapped up at Ophelia's words.

"We haven't even accepted, marked or mated each other yet, how could she go into heat."

Ophelia shook her head.

"Alpha this is different, a human and alpha bond like this is rare, some only believe it to be a myth, I know it to be true thanks to my fathers experience. But it will be hard on your mates body. She will be the deciding factor. Her will and power will determine if this mating will be disastrous or unstoppable."

Jane put her arm around Faith. She was staring off into the distance. She was still loopy off her meds. I was partially thankful. This was a lot to take in. A mate bond with a human is difficult as it is. This bond the healer speaks of is a lot for her to take in. She is grieving, thrust into a new world and trying to make it through two years so she can return home. Will she even want to complete this bond, to fight for it. Will she have the same instincts as a she wolf when it comes to mating. My wolf was fearful. We would give it all up to have her. She was it now, what we had been waiting for. She had to fight.

Jane looked at Ophelia.

"How can it be, why is she involved in this."

"The moon goddess my dear has chosen your niece. Perhaps it may be the reason your sister did not shift, she was harbouring another type of supernatural. She was to have this child who would become the Luna queen."

Jane's hand went to her mouth in shock.

"They treated her so terribly, they laughed at her, my father forced her into almost torture to force her wolf. Everyone turned their back on her."

"That is the failure of your old alpha, no pack member of mine would suffer that abuse."

Jane looked away. My tiny mate was looking at Jane's reaction to my reply.

"Why are you so bossy, everyone just listens to you, I won't listen to you." She pouted and my heart actually skipped a beat. I almost rolled my eyes at myself.

I walked over and took her hand.

"You're the only person that doesn't have to listen to me."

She squeezed my hand and fireworks went off in my body.

"Good, because I won't look away when you're bossy alpha wolfie man."

My wolf awakened once again. He was picturing her being bossy and playful. I needed to step away from my tiny mate to avoid shifting.

"What do we do now." Jane asked snapping me out of my fantasy.

"You must take her home, allow her to rest, the powerful mate bond was harsh on her system. She will need to be separated from the alpha and we must hope she doesn't heat before she is healed."

I growled. Separated was not going to happen.

"Alpha, this needs to be taken slowly, proper care and diligence needs to be given to Faith to survive the mate bond. She needs to rest now. Her body survived the mate meet. She is strong I can feel it. Give her space to heal."

My wolf was clawing at me to pick up my mate and run home. But I knew I had to listen. I could feel this was different, special, I had to work with Ophelia.

I nodded and looked away. Jane, understanding the difficulty, brought Faith with her. I could still smell her as she moved farther and farther away. I howled and Ophelia placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Rest easy my child. It will be all worth it."

I watched the ancient healer leave the hospital and I hoped to the moon goddess that she was right. I could instantly feel the emptiness where my mate had left. If I thought I was frustrated  before finding my mate, this was much worse. I wanted her so badly it hurt. I couldn't think of anything else. How was I to run the kingdom when all I could think of was the way her neck had this little brown freckle that I wanted to kiss.

My mind link went off and I could hear my first beta in my head.

"Alpha, we have a problem. Your mates cousin is outside pack grounds again. She was with a rogue."

My blood boiled and I shifted, running towards my beta.

____________________________

Thank you so much for keeping up with faith and her alpha!! There is so much more in store. It means so much to see a vote on the chapters I would appreciate it so much! Thanks again and happy reading. I love that you're on this journey with me!!

Helen Maria xx