Chaoter 9 - The Party

Faith Rivers- POV

I had only just conquered getting out of bed and sitting in the garden. It had been two days since my hospital stay and I was still pretty overwhelmed by everything. I had a mate. Not just any old werewolf but this big shot king wolf man that was the hottest thing I'd ever seen and controlled pretty much everything. It didn't make sense to me. Why me. Jane keeps telling me the moon goddess has chosen me and I just feel imposter syndrome over the whole thing.

I hadn't even been apart of this life. I had never wanted to. I always saw it as a life that tortured my mother. I saw the effects it had on her, she always mourned it. Now I was part of it, a cog in the machine that the moon goddess had carefully considered.

I also missed him. Like nothing I'd ever experienced. I pictured him all day every day. His eyes, those arms, his large hands and his scent, oh god his scent. I fantasised about him in all my dreams and that was a lot because I'd been sleeping for hours on end. My body felt tired. Drained almost. Jane said it was tough for a human to take the mating meet. My body had to conform to his and sync. Humans didn't usually do this so my body was under stress. They had separated us. It gave my body a chance to heal apparently.

No one had asked me if I wanted this. It was a wolf thing I think. A mate was something they craved and the thought of not wanting one was absurd. Despite being insulted no one even asked, my body aches for this man. I knew deep down I wasn't capable of turning him down. That scared me a lot.

I was swinging on the porch swing when CiCi, glowing with her new mating bond and mark, which looked very scary on her neck, walkedn out and sat beside me.

"Party!!"

"Party?" I asked. CiCi was always excited about something .

"Yes you remember Charlie's brother Wyatt? He's moved into a new house off the pack house. He's having a house warming!"

I knew my mate wouldn't like me around people. I was supposed to be resting.

"CiCi what about the alpha?" I shuddered addressing him.

"He's your mate and you are taking space to heal, but watching you go from bed to sofa is very depressing and you could do with a bit of a glow up. Those ratty pyjama bottoms have seen better days."

"What about Carmen."

"She's going for a run with some pack girls or something, I don't know but it means we're off the hook with her."

I smiled. CiCi shared the same sentiments when it came to Carmen. She just brought the vibe down.

"Come on I've all these new dresses I bought. Let's try them on and I'll do your hair and make up and we both wear size 5 in heels! Eek!! Let's go and make our men sweat a little."

I knew it was risky. And my mind was all over the place, but CiCi seemed so excited and I got the feeling she had no one else to go with. I slowly nodded and my head hadn't finished the rotation before she was pulling me up the stairs.

CiCi made me try on an array of dresses, they were all sexy. She was thin and my curves meant they looked ten times sexier with my boobs hanging out and the fabric barely covering my behind. After an argument over whether a dress at my thigh was acceptable or not she handed me a silk green slip dress. It had a lace neckline that plunged but not too low in the slightest and elegantly tapered off past the knee. It hugged my curves. She stood behind me in the mirror.

"Oh yeah." We laughed at her expression.

She curled my hair which fell in auburn ringlets past my shoulder and she done my make up. She was talented but she always looked amazing so that made sense. She ended up wearing the red mini dress and applying some deep red lipstick which went with her chippy blonde hair perfectly.