Chpt.15 - "I'm Gonna Help Him Get Better."

Okay, so this is something different. I'm just gonna be honest, i was too lazy to write something spesific. And keep kn mind, Jake has already been thinking about Johnnies behaviour (you'll understand).

Third person POV

A week later.

"Hey Johnnie?" Jake asked him. They were sitting in the park after school.

"Yeah?" Johnnie looked up from his phone.

"Well..my mom is going out of the city for a couple of weeks. Do you...wanna stay over at my place?"
Johnnie raises his eyebrows before smiling softly.

"Yeah sure, Jake."

_._._._._

Johnnie and Jake step trough the door. It was starting to get cold at the park, so they went to get Johnnies stuff for Jakes place.

"Shouldn't you..tell your mom also?" Jake asked as they went upstairs.

"No, she doesn't care."

Jake looked at him sadly and they went to Johnnies room.

_._._._._

"Hey Jake, i have to go to the bathroom." Johnnie said as he put one of his eyeliners in the bag.

"Okay, i'll be here." Jake answered.
Johnnie nodded and went away.

Jake stood up from Johnnies bed and started walking around the room. Slowly walking, something silver caught Jakes eye.

He walked to that direction and it was a little piece of metal under a comic book. Lifting it up, he saw..a blade.

A little blade, most likely from a razor. Wait, what? Jakes eyebrows scrunched together in confusion.

Thinking back to all the memories they've had together. Well, when Jake really thinks about it, Johnnie has almost never eaten school lunch. Even when he doesn't get bullied that much, he never takes anything in the cafeteria.

Sometimes, he takes chicken nuggets (when they're rarely there) but other then that, none. Always wearing long sleeves and bracelets, wait.

Long sleeves. Jake has heard stories about people who...harm themselves.

But surely Johnnie wouldn't do that? Like, i know he's been bullied, his dad died, he's been lonely basically his whole life, he doesn't speak with his mom...maybe he would do that.

But before making any accusations, Jake will look more into it. Notice little things.

Just overall be more careful.

Just then, Johnnie came outside of thw bathroom and saw Jake looking at Johnnies blade.

Johnnies eyes widened and he ran towards the balde and quickly took it. He seemed scared.

'Another thing to notice' Jake thought.

"Why'd you look around in my room?!" Johnnie asked, panicked.

Jakes eyes soften. Jake seemed to finally notice things about Johnnies life.

"Oh i'm sorry, i didn't mean to make you angry. I wont do it again-" Jake explained.

"Yeah you better not!" Johnnie exclaimed.

After a couple of seconds Johnnie looked up into Jakes eyes and calmed down a little.

"Sorry." Johnnie said.

Jake smiled softly.

"It's okay."