Chpt.22 - Abondoned Houses Keep All The Secrets

After y'all read this chapter, scroll back up and tell me your thoughts🤭

Johnnie POV

How did it go so wrong in such a little time?

I have nowhere to go, i mean yes, i will last a couple of days witht his money, but not even two months!

Well i guess i have nothing else to do, then start walking.

And that's what i did. I walked, and walked, and walked until my feet were so tired, it felt like i was about to fall over. It must've been already 13 miles (A/N - about 20 km), and goddamn i'm tired.

But finally, i found a little abondoned house, it looked very familiar to the one that me and Jake once visited. It had a balcony at the door, there was no glass on the windows and the roof was a little broken, but overall it was quite normal.

'I could stay here, for a little while atleast' i think.

As i walk in, i'm instantly hit with a bang of cold air. Since it's only February, it's still cold. Right now, is about 37°f degrees (A/N - 3°C degrees), which is really cold for me (since i only wear leather jackets, which are not very warm.

Or...when Jake sometimes gives me his jacket, when he sees that i'm cold, even though i don't really know why / i don't want to know why it gives me this weird feeling in my stomach).

I take my bag and place it down to a broken leather couch.
Opening my bag to search for...shit. I forgot my charger. Well, what the fuck do i do now? Atleast i charged my phone exactly after going to talk to my mom. I check my phone... it has 94% right now.

It will keep up like..three day atleast, right?

Oh well. One thing atleast is certain, i will not tell Jake about this.

Knowing Jake, he will propably start to worry, invite me to his place, et cetera, but i don't want to be a burden, so no. I'm not going to tell Jake about this.

I sit down on the broken couch, and start thinking.

Okay, so i have clothes, right? I can put an alarm on my phone..and i can go to school somehow. But i can do it. I literally have to, or else i just might die of coldness, or hunger, or... Looking up, i see that it's already dark outside. Of course time would go fast when i walk that much.

I take out my tiny blanket and try to lay down on the couch. It's a little bit uncomfortable, but it's still sleepable. Finally making myself comfortable, feeling the cold wind gently hit my face, i feel slumber taking over me.

And i can't help it, i just wish that i would be in those strong arms again.

_._._._._

Jake POV

Usually me and Johnnie walk to school together, but today was a bit different. I waited on our usual spot for 5..10..15 minutes. And he didn't show up.

I honestly didn't really care about being late, but maybe he went off without me?

Weird, but could be possible.

Thank god, me and Johnnie have our first lesson together. I open the door, only to see Johnnie...sitting at a table alone, with his hand under his chin, looking like he's about to fall asleep.

His hair was messy and unhinged, sticking out of the most random places possible. He was also ghostly pale, and didn't have many makeup on.

What the fuck?

What happened?

I quickly walk over to Johnnie and quietly set my bag on out chair. Looking at him, he looks like he desperately needs the sleep, so i decide not to wake Johnnie up. Since we're more in the back area, the teacher doesn't notice how Johnnie's asleep.

The teacher also doesn't notice, how Johnnie's head falls on my shoulder, and me putting my arm around him so that he wouldn't fall off the chair. It looked like Johnnie's whole body relaxed from whatever tension he had, my body heat translating off to his worryingly cold body.

Without even noticing, there was consern all over my face as i'm trying to protect Johnnie from falling onto the floor.

The lesson went quite quickly with me constantly feeling hair tickle my neck. I wake Johnnie up, and his eyes widen.

Sleepily, he croaks out "Shit, i'm so sorry, man. I didn't mean to fall asleep like that.".

Johnnie doesn't usually fall asleep in class like that tho...

"Johnnie, are you okay? Did you sleep tonight?" I ask the shorter boy, concern etched all over my face.

Johnnie looks down and replies with a "Yes, i'm fine Jake. I promise."

And, that went on for three days, until i've had enough. Everyday Johnnie would show up before me, either sleeping in the corridors or in class.

He looked like he didn't eat, he was deathly pale all the time, and everytime i tried to question it, he would just say that he's fine.

Finally, after this bullshit has went on for four days, i get up earlier in the morning and i walk over to Johnnies house. By now, it's 08.12 am, so it shouldn't be weird for me to knock that late, right?

I knock three times, until a woman, Johnnie's mom, comes on the door (and i instantly notice how much she smells like alcohol).

"Um, hello. I'm Jake, Johnnies friend. Can you please tell me where he is?"

The woman scoffs at me and basically spits out "Why would i care? He hasn't been here for...i don't even know how many days. Find him yourself."

And the she slams the door shut.

So Johnnie hasn't been home?

Where could he be?

Questioning all the places he could be, i finally decide on the little house that me and Johnnie once visited. I take the taxi there, and what do i see.

Johnnie on a broken couch, a leather jacket and blanket over him, and Johnnie shaking.

"Johnnie!" I say in shock and worry.

How is he not cold?

Johnnies eyes shoot open and he scrambles up. "Jake." He breathes out.

"How- i..how did you know where i was?"

Oh what the fuck.

I march up to Johnnie, grab his arm and pull him in a tight hug.

"Johnnie, how dare you! How could you do that to me! Can you believe how worries i was about you? Like actually, do you know? Don't ever do that to me again! Why didn't you talk to me?" I pull away and look at him.

"I'm sorry, i just didn't want to burden you with my presence, because i already was with you for a month, and i thought that you would be bothered-"

I stop Johnnie's rambling with putting my right hand on his cheek, and the other on his waist.

"Don't ever worry me like that ever again, Johnnie." I whisper, brown eyes looking at blue ones as our lips touch.

1186 words.

- I love reading y'alls comments <3

-Also...cliffhanger??