Chapter 2

P̸̢͙̹͈̮̥̜̠̮̾̈͠r̴̰͔̰̾̎̽́́͘̕e̵̲͌̈́͆̊̇͂͝s̵̡̖͉͎̺̝̮̙͛̃̓̾͑́̿͘͝͝ḛ̴̹͌̿̃͊n̴̨̢͕͔͎͕͚̋̈͗̈́͌͝t̴̻͚͖̥͔̃̆̏ ̶̡͔͍̙̠̅̄̒̍̂̉̏͜d̶̛͎̻̣̤̼̝̻͚͈͒̉͊̃̈̚͘͘ä̷̢͍̟̈y̵̢̠̝̲̙̾

T̷̤̙̺̼̖̖̅͌͋̚h̷͚̩͉̣͓̗̥̭̄̄̉̈͠ī̷̛̠͕̰̈́̍́͒̀̂ȓ̶̡̡̨͎̟͓̹̱̪̯̈́̆́͘̕d̴̘̏̔͐̉̀̓͋͜ ̶̢̢͔̦͖̹̳̙͚̗̅p̵̡̧̺̋̅͆̉̀͒̿è̴͍͚͍̘̰̦̤̈́͜r̸̨̡̩̗͍̤̹̝͚̉̀̑͗̄̐̃̅̉̚ş̶̛̲͍̲̥̝̭̺̬̲̐̅̽̾͐̊͘͝o̵̱̎͌̂͊͒̆́̔ń̶̩͈̪̳͓͙̘ ̸̢̡̜͔̜̘͖̼̓̓̀͑̒͝P̶̈́́̍̓̆̈́̎̃͗ͅO̸̙̼̹͗̏V̶̩̱̔̆͝

Though growing up Iris was very self-aware at the fact that she looked different in many ways to her parents. She would question this; her parents were very transparent about her arrival into their lives and that she was indeed adopted by them but that doesn't mean they love her any less than if she was their own flesh and blood. She over the years had learned to accept that no one knows of her path, and she would one day find it again. For now, she would play her part of loving daughter and track super star of St Augustine's academy speaking of...

"Iris... Girl... Give... Us... A... Chance" Iris' fellow track star Paige wheezed out between pants her hands on her knees as she gasped for air and taken sips of her water. They had just finished the 800m race and of course Iris had won with ease barely breaking out a sweat while the rest of them pushed way past their limits to keep up with her. Iris giggled in response "awh c'mon Paige, you know I can't go easy on you. You're my competition!" the girl with naturally platinum blonde hair spoke cooly as she patted her head with a small towel smiling like a cheshire cat, running just awoke a fire in her that she loved, she felt as though she was her authentic self when she was pushing herself to run faster than her last time continuously elevating. She knew somewhere out there her real family were watching her, keeping tabs on her. She had read the letter many times over and over though out the years trying to find any hints. "c'mon girl, lets go to the showers, you stink!" she laughed and started walking to the changing rooms.

The next day Iris was getting changed for school wearing a beautiful sundress as the May sun was no laughing matter her dress was a deep burgundy with small white flowers detailing and tied into a cute bow in the back, the colour contrasting with her pale milk white skin, no matter how long she sunbathed she never looked sun kissed however she loved the paleness of her skin. As she done the final touches of her make up, she ran down the stairs picking up her bag and car keys she yelled her goodbyes while running out the door, as per usual she was running late.

Parking up in car park she rushed to her first class, she knocked on the door before entering her poise was held high and elegance just flowed from her effortlessly she cracked an award winning smile to the teacher "sorry for my tardiness" as she turned and walked to her seat she noticed there was a new kid sitting in the usually empty seat next to hers, her smile fell from her face replaced with a stony expression. She always sat alone for she preferred to have the quietness to focus on her studies. "Hello, who may you be? There's an empty seat over there, perhaps that seat will suit you well?" her voice was one thick with authority and royalty she could of easily been mistaken as a princess if it weren't for the fact that she was just a normal girl going to an ordinary public school. The male tilted his head up to look at her he pulled the hood of his white hoodie down, so it was no longer covering his head. His face wore a dangerous smirk that would make all the girls fawn over him. In fact, there was a fair share of excited gasps and murmurs. "No. princess, I think I quite like this seat" his voice was deep and quite gruff sounding. "Iris, sit down please you were already late to my class, don't give me a reason to mark your name down for detention. I see you have already met our new student, Jeffrey. He will be your partner for the rest of the semester. Learn to like him quickly or it will just be your self that suffers" Mr Carson spoke calmly and there was a hint of boredom in his voice.