Chapter 9

T̷̨̧̤̀͒̐̌͒̀h̴i̸̡̺̜̅̀̂̌̽̀͝͝ŕ̵̌̍̿̈́d̸̨̨̛̛̩̻̤͍̰͕͌̏ͅ   ̷̩̼̻͓͖̍ͅP̶̢̨̖͓̯͙͚̖̮̄̈Ò̵̟̜͍̖̰͎̘̯̗̰͗̌̈V̵̡̹̩̲̗̹͎̺͚̉̊̈́̄̏͜͠

"Join me on the bed princess" Jeff huffed out, exhausted. He shuffled across the bed to be in the middle and opened his arms. Iris smiled gratefully and lay down in his arms leaning her head on his chest with one arm strung over his chest. Jeff replaced the eye mask over his eyes before wrapping his arms around the girl. "Thank you for being there and waking me from my sleep. They never stop peacefully usually" He spoke quietly running his fingers through her hair gently "I usually end up going on a huge killing spree, not a contracted one either so it's not pretty" he chuckled lightly. Iris stayed silent listening to him talk she nodded slightly a few times letting him know she was listening. 

Jeff didn't know exactly why he was opening up to Iris but he did know that he had grown fond of her over the few months he had known her. So, he talked. He trailed away from the conversation about his night terrors and moved on to talking about the chaos that happens almost daily in this mad house they live in.  Iris had fallen asleep while he was talking about the time he had been scared half to death by Ben. She would need to remember to hear the rest of that story. Jeff drifted into a peaceful sleep a short while after her and for the first night in years, he didn't wake up again. He slept through the whole night awakening in the morning the way they always do. 

"Good morning children, breakfast will be ready in 10 minutes. Make sure to get down and grab yourself a plate while it's still hot and there. Not including you E.J. Of course, Your diet isn't compatible with the rest of the children" Slender spoke his morning monologue projecting this speech into everyone's mind. Iris Woke with a jolt and Jeff grumbled beside her rubbing her back soothingly before stretching and removing the eye mask. He reached to the bedside table and took a bottle of eye drops. He put a couple of drops in both eyes and then put the bottle back in its rightful place. Iris stood up from the bed yawning and rubbing her eyes she pulled the hood over her head and waited by the door for Jeff. Who followed closely behind opening the door and taking lead in walking down to the dining area. Iris was practically glued to his side as she looked around the room, everyone minus a few were already sitting, eating and chatting loudly. They were late in getting down but that didn't matter too much. 

"Hey Sexy, I saved you a seat~" Ben patted the seat next to him and wiggled his eyebrows at her. Jeff Placed his hand on his chest "Oh baby!, you didn't have too!" He exclaimed walking over to the seat next to Ben and sat down placing a kiss on his cheek before bursting out laughing. The whole table followed suit the the laughs echoed throughout the building. "Come sit princess" Jeff nodded to the seat next to him.  Iris quickly went and took her seat and Jeff placed an arm over the back of the chair not really thinking about it. 

The breakfast spread was that of a TV show. You know the ones where there's eggs, bacon, sausages, toast, waffles, pancakes and many different fruits all on various platters and then the main character takes one sip of orange juice the rushes out the door claiming 'they are going to be late'? Yeah that was exactly the type of breakfast that was served. Iris' mouth watered as she started filling her plate with a little bit of everything. It all just looked so good! She began stuffing her face when the first bite of food hit her tongue she let out a groan of satisfaction and she tilted her head back. Savouring the flavours she was tasting "ohsh mhy  gawd, Thish ish amazshing" she spoke her mouth still with food but she covered her mouth with her hand, she wasn't that feral. Jeff laughed beside her filling a mug with some coffee and pouring one for her too. "That good is it?" Iris nodded happily to the statement. 

-------------

𝐻𝒾 𝑀𝓎 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒𝓁𝓎 𝓁𝒾𝓉𝓉𝓁𝑒 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓈, 𝐼 𝒽𝑜𝓅𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝑒𝓃𝒿𝑜𝓎𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇. 𝒫𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓈𝑒 𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶 𝓋𝑜𝓉𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓁𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝑒 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒸𝑜𝓂𝓂𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓈, 𝓌𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒻𝒶𝓋𝑜𝓊𝓇𝒾𝓉𝑒 𝒷𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓀𝒻𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝑜𝒹?!