Chapter 8

T̵̝͔͇͍̂̅͘͜h̴͇̖̟͙͚̣̳̽ȉ̶̂̓̓r̴d̷̛̆ ̷̫̰͖̻̔̍͜  P̷͐Ò̵̢̱V̵͐͑͒

As the pair walked up the stairs Jeff pointed at a couple of doors on the first floor telling Iris who stayed in each room. Each door was decorated to match the respective owners of those rooms which made sense for a couple of them. Sally's door was painted bubble gum pink, had paintings of teddy bears and unicorns on it. As they walked up the second flight of stairs Jeff walked down the hallway and stopped in front of a door that had a few knives stabbed into the door and crimson red paint dripping down, resembling blood. "I was 14 when I first came here and decorated my door" Jeff stated, opening the door they walked inside. 

The room was spotless, with walls painted white and, a hardwood polished floor. A black desk against the wall closest to the window had a gaming set-up. A bed in the middle of the wall with two black bedside tables a black rug spread across the floor under is bed and neatly framed the bed with an about 2ft edge. On the wall opposite the bed, there was a black wardrobe and a door.  "The door is to the bathroom. Make yourself at home, I'm going to lie down" Jeff walked over to his wardrobe and pulled out two white t-shirts two pairs of black joggers and a white hoodie. He also pulled out a pair of boxers and handed the neatly folded clothes to the girl leaving one pair of the white T-shirt and joggers on his bed for himself. He lifted his hoodie pulling it from over his head which caused the hem of his top to lift with it. Giving Iris a small glimpse of his god-like body, toned and muscular abs narrowed down to the V line that was cut off by the waistband of his cargos. 

Iris shook her head blushing as she just about ran to the bathroom closing the door behind her and placing the clothes on top of the closed toilet seat. She undressed and turned on the shower. While waiting for it to heat up she searched the cupboards for a spare toothbrush she just about sang out with joy when she finally found one. Using some of Jeff's toothpaste she brushed her teeth then hopped in the shower. The warm water beating down on her stiff muscles it felt blissful. The water washed the blood that was soaked into her hair and spiralled down the drain. She sighed picking up the shampoo and washing her hair. Before combing through some conditioner with her fingers letting it set in her hair she grabbed the body wash and scrubbed at her body making sure all the blood was rinsed away. She smiled giddily at herself, she smelled like Jeff! - why did this make her so happy?- Once she was all clean she stepped out the shower and wrapped a towel around her body and dried off before wrapping her hair in the towel twisting it and flipping it so it stayed put. Putting on the clothes Jeff had provided for her looked comical even for her tall height of 5'7 she was still swimming in his clothes. She threw her dirtied clothes into the washing basket and left the bathroom. 

Her eyes instantly landed on Jeff laying flat on his back. He had an eye mask on covering his eyes since he couldn't just shut his eyes like a normal person. He had an arm thrown haphazardly over his face. Shallow breathes causing his chest to rise and fall rhythmically. He was asleep. Not wanting to disturb him Iris looked around the room for somewhere she could lie down. Aha! she spotted a beanbag chair at the end of his bed that was positioned towards the gaming set up. 'that looks cosy enough' she thought to herself as she made her way over to it and curled up on it. She noticed a blanket folded over the edge of the foot of the bed and yanked it down over her. Closing her eyes, she drifted off into  a peaceful slumber. 

A couple hours pass by and Jeff is no longer sleeping peacefully. He is thrashing around on his bed and yelling incoherent words. Iris woke up alarmed by this and stood up to rush over to him she placed a gentle hand on his arm careful not to wake him abruptly. "Jeff" She whispered softly. Jeff didn't respond to her. Still asleep trapped in his nightmare. "LOUIS, NO!" Now that she understood. She gently shook him "Jeff, its me. Iris." her voice was still soft as she pealed off his eye mask and gently brushed away the strands of hair that was covering his face. By now she was sat on the edge of the bed trying her best to softly wake the man who lay before her. 

"I..Iris? shit, I'm sorry. you shouldn't of had to witness that. How long have you been awake for? I didn't feel you or hear you get into bed?" Jeff had awoken, mortified that he had been seen in such a vulnerable state. Confused, where had Iris been he checked the time on his phone and saw it had been 4 hours since they had entered the room. "shh, shh its okay, I slept on the bean bag, I didn't want to intrude your personal space while you were asleep" the girl explained still gently running her hand through the mans hair. 

--------

𝒲𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒹𝑜 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝑔𝓊𝓎𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝓀 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇? 𝓌𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝓉 𝓉𝑜 𝓈𝑒𝑒 𝒶 𝓂𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝓋𝓊𝓁𝓃𝑒𝓇𝒶𝒷𝓁𝑒 𝓈𝒾𝒹𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝒥𝑒𝒻𝒻. 𝒶𝓈 𝒶𝓁𝓌𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝓅𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓈𝑒 𝓋𝑜𝓉𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒸𝑜𝓂𝓂𝑒𝓃𝓉 𝒾𝒻 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 :)